chapter 24

Continuation

"Sister, don't clutter your mind with their irrelevant topics. Have you been well? Where is your attendees?" I asked her worriedly while she exchanged a glance with a smile.

"I ran all the way here, I think they're still catching up." She whispered while my eyes widen, I saw her chuckle as she tried to hide it.

"I'm glad you're alright sister," I smiled at her with sincerity as she looked taken aback.

"Anyways," she 'coughed' to divert attention to her. All the nobles eyes were on her, with curiosity and some malice.

"Who'd be the lucky prince that'll marry a cursed royal?" She chuckled while all the nobles in the room fell silent. They looked so dumbfounded as their color faded away, even someone like me couldn't help but snicker.

"Sister, I'd suggest not scaring them so early on. Honestly, would you suspect that they can handle a small heart attack at their very ripe age?" I made a small comment as Anastasia bursted out laughing.

All the nobles looked more dumbfounded, some wondering if they should be insulted and some wondering if they'd leave this room alive and with their heads on.

"This meeting is adjourned, I don't want to hear such topics in next gatherings. Got it?" I glared at them as they all nodded, they all left hurriedly saying excuses to leave early.

Usually they'd stay another hour or so persuading me to sponsor their new 'businesses', which actually meant money smuggling schemes.

"Calix," Older sister called out to me, I immediately offered her a seat as she thanked me.

"What happened while I was away?" She turned her head slightly as I sighed.

As the minutes go by while I explained every important events happened in the kingdom, I observed as her expressions changed from shock, embarrassment, joy, laughter, and anger.

"How could they! I mean—Ugh!" Was all she could shout as her knights from the Falcon Knights, rushed in.

"Your Highness! Please inform us the next time you'd run using magic next time— We greet the Crown Prince, the shining star of the kingdom!" They immediately bowed when they set their sights on me.

"I apologized if my sister has caused such trouble for you all," I smiled at them while they shook their heads and thank me for the concern.
——————————————————

Anastasia's POV

It's been two months since my incident, time flies so fast and winter is coming again.

Xaervin once again left a month ago after hearing of my recovery, but only this time he informed me that he'd be gone for more than a year.

Cordelia went back to the Fae kingdom as Hana was the only one left to assist me. I admit, after having a group of people with me on my day to day life was fun, but now it feels barren without them.

I was also informed that Arilliana went on her holy church exhibition to the less fortunate areas in the kingdom, where she'd find a maid that'll help her on every path she'd take.

This is also the part in the novel that the Emperor fell ill suddenly.
———————————————

2 Years Later

"You have grown into a beautiful young woman, Your Highness." I glanced to my side to see Cordelia smiling holding dozen of flowers and love letters.

"What are the things you have brought me today, Maella?" I chuckled as she pouted.

"You're turning 19, Your Highness!" She exclaimed with joy while I raised a brow.

"Yes, but not for another month." She pouted once more and placed the dozen letters and flowers on my desk.

They were love letters and letters once again requesting to be my partner at my banquet, ever since my coming of age ball I never danced with anyone despite Xaervin.

Oh how I missed that busted liar! His letter said he'd only be gone for more than a year, but not almost three years?!

More than a year is like, a year and a half at most in my book! If we ever get to meet again, I'd kick him in the ass!

"Burn the letters Maella, I already told you I'm not interested in dancing at my banquet like last year." She frowned and burned the letters at my wish.

"Is this because you still wish to be your partner to be the mage, my Highness?" She raised a brow.

"The mage?" I chuckled and raised a brow.

"That's what I call him, his name always confused me whenever I read it, Shayven? Zirvayn? —" I cut her off before I laughed my ass off.

"It's 'Sirvihn' I was once confused also, Maella." I chuckled and pinched her cheeks.

"Then Sir 'Sirvihn' is very lucky to be your first and last dance partner, my Highness." Hana chimed in as I glanced at her.

"But I do admit, I missed when the four of us had regular acquaintances with the powerful mage. I also observed my Highness' joy when she was around the Sir." My face turned red as I threw a pillow at her playfully.

"I'd ignore the last part if I were you, Maella." I rolled my eyes as Hana chuckled and poured my tea.

"Your paintings are getting more and more beautiful, Your Highness." Hana's head turned to the side as a self portrait that isn't finished catched her eye.

The amount of art materials that I can get my hands on and not to mention professional ones, are absolutely a dream!

"Although the portrait doesn't have the charm you get when you see, Your Highness in the flesh. It's an absolutely marvelous piece even if it's still not finished." Cordelia said in awe.

————————————————————

"Your Highness," I heard a voice called out to me, I gazed to my side as I saw a hooded person bowing down to me.

"Do I know you?" I raised my brow at the person before me, it was obvious he was a mage. I could sense the mama off of him, even if he was trying to hide it.

"I was ordered to deliver a message to the royal princess." Their head never leaving the presence of the floor as they replied.

"Speak of it urgently, my feet are getting tired of waiting." My lips pouted as the person immediately stood up and took off her hood.

My eyes widened at the woman before me, particularly because of her prominent scar running across her face.

Who else would have a scar like that other than the love interest of my brother in the novel, Josephine. Her red vibrant hair shone through the sun as her eyes focused on me, her dark green eyes fixated on me.

My brother fallen in love with her a year ago if I can remember, but I'm curious because she's not supposed to appear again until Arilliana is a full on saintess to heal her scar.

"T-the crown prince, Calix needs your help, Your Highness." I saw as her hands shook in fear while I raised a brow.

I haven't seen my brother in 2 months after he gone off to an exhibition.

"What do you mean, my brother is in danger?" The seriousness on my face probably intimated her as she took a step back.

"Please just come with me as I explain," she ran off as I followed her. My mind wandered as I noticed that we were approaching Arilliana's quarters.

Which was suspicious since Arilliana is off again to prepare for the holy church's test.

"Sister!" My eyes widened as I saw Arilliana performing CPR on Calix which I didn't even knew she knew. Her breathing became hasty as visible sweats were dripping off her red cheeks.

"What happened?!" I tapped her out as I performed the CPR in her place. She was still catching her breath as I saw tears welled in her eyes.

"T-the crown prince, I can't heal the crown prince."