【6】May I remind you...?

"Are we both gonna pretend you weren't just talking to him when you went out?"

[2. 01 - 2. 02]

˚*✿❀༓❀✿*˚

Oliva's feet crunches on the cold ground. She lets out a cold puff of air, as she puts her hands in her sweater. She walks around the forest, looking for one thing and one thing only. Derek Hale. She was never really informed if he still lived in his old house anymore. 

She shivers as she feels a pair of eyes on her. She turns her head and sees no one. When she turns around she lets out a scream. Derek raises his hands, "Not here to hurt you."

Olivia puts a hand over her heart, "A 'Hi' would be  nice.." 

Derek smiles and laughs, "How can I help you?"

Olivia fixes her sweater and sighs, her breath visible as a breeze delicately blows her hair in front of her face. She gently moves her hair, tucking it behind her ear as Derek intently watches each movement. Studying her soft face. "I wanted to tell you about something... Like a warning of some sort?" 

Derek smiles and nods, "Why don't we walk and talk." He holds out his arm for her. A small smile tugs at her lips and she nods. They start walking arm-in-arm, using each other's body heat --moreover, Olivia uses Derek's body heat since he's always ridiculously warm-- to escape the cold. 

They walk in a comfortable silence for about a minute before Olivia continues, "My grandfather, Gerard, is gonna be in town for Kate's funeral..." 

Derek looks at her with a raised eyebrow, "And?" 

"He's more here for revenge." Olivia nods as they keep walking. "He's gonna kill every werewolf he can."

Derek nods and looks forward, "So you're worried about me?" He hides a smile as they walk to the east point of the preserve. They're favorite spots to hang out as kids.

Olivia blushes slightly, "No. Well yeah, duh. But not like--"

She's cut off by Derek's melodic laugh, "Liv, I understand. I care about you too."

Olivia smiles, a genuine adorable smile. The smile Derek has always loved... "Good. I might stay around for a little while." She turns to look at the moon and Derek whispers.

"Hopefully forever."

✧✿✿✿✧

After about an hour and a half of nonsensical conversation, Derek and Olivia say goodbye. She slides into her room and smiles. Content with her time spent with Derek. She walks over to her lamp, too giddy to notice her father leaning against the wall. 

She screams, "Jesus!" She puts her hand over her heart again, "What is it with people appearing out of nowhere today...."

Argent gets straight to the point, flicking on her light, "I'll get straight to the point. You need to stop seeing Derek."