31| New Job

Aria King

I knock on Mattia's door frame because his door was open. He looks up from his laptop and smiles at me. 

"Ah Aria it's lovely to see you come please sit and shut the door" He says. I shut the door behind me and sit in chair in front of his desk. 

"How are you doing today?" He asks. "I'm doing quite well what about you."

"I'm doing pretty great. But I invited you here because I have an offer for you" he says and I nod along.

"You are extremely good at what you do but it seems that you are incredible at helping Charles in his races. Since you have helped him so much in his races he has started winning and has become brighter. You have worked very well with him and well you are exactly what we are looking for in a engineer. So I have an offer for you. I would like to hire you are Charles's full time engineer." 

My jaw is on the floor at the word coming out of his mouth. "You want to make me Charles Leclerc new engineer" I repeat the words. He nods enthusiastically. I go quiet for a moment trying to process it.  "If you are worried about salary I assure you it a lot more than what you getting paid now" He says. 

"Yes yes I one hundred percent will" I say excitedly. "Thats exactly what I love to hear. An guess what I already have the papers ready for you all you have to do is sign the then we'll iron out the details later." He says pull out a piece of paper.

I made sure to read over the contract and make sure I knew everything before signing at the bottom and finally breathing a sigh of relief. "Well it is my pleasure to welcome you as the new driver engineer" He stands up and sticks his hands out for me to shake. I gratefully take it and shake it. 

A little while later I'm sprinting back down to the sim rooms. Again I enter quietly. Charles is in the middle of a lap so I wait patiently in the corner. After he finishes he spots me. He gets up and starts to walk over to me. I run and jump into his open arms. I take him by surprise with a kiss and he places me back on the ground. 

"I have something to tell you!" I tell him excitedly. "What is it?" He smiles at my excitement. "I am your new main engineer!" I yell. His jaw drops at my words. "Your kidding you said yes!" He picks me up and spins me around. 

I smile from ear to ear. "Wait you knew" I ask. "Yeah Mattia might have told me that you were one of the candidates" He says placing his hands on my hips. He kisses me one more time "This requires celebration" he says. 

His hands wrap around my waist and pull me close. He buries his head into my neck and presses soft kisses there. 

"Charles I know what your thinking and we can't right now" I say placing my hands on his chest in order to push him away. He doesn't budge "No one it going to come in here and you deserve it." He continues his kisses. 

Part of me want to let him keep going but another part of me knew that it would be horrible if we got caught. "Charles as much as I want to we have to wait till later" I say. "Well I want a starter right now" He says placing his hand on the back of my head before connecting out lips. 

The kiss was passionate and strong. I instantly forgot about everything I was saying earlier and let him kiss me. He pushes me to the couch but breaks the kiss and walks away for a moment. I watch as he locks the door and then makes his way back to me slowly. He sits down on the couch and pulls me into his lap. I reconnect our lips and let our fight for dominance continue.