49| Secrets out

Charles Leclerc 

My alarm rang in the background as I slowly woke up. Aria was still sleeping next to me as I turned off my alarm. 

"Love wake up we have to go" My face was buried into her neck and I placed small kisses there. I heard her groan as she tried to wake up. "Trust me I know but this is the last weekend before we can just sleep in and do anything we want" I whisper. 

She turns around to face me with her eyes still mostly shut. "Yay," She whispers. "But give me five more minutes," She says closing her eyes again. "You get three," I say also closing my eyes again. 

They suddenly shot open after a bit as I remembered that we had to go early otherwise we would do the same thing as last time and end up being late to the briefing. 

I got up and kicked the covers off of me and walked into the bathroom. I jumped across the mat on the bathroom floor to not let my feet touch the cold, unpleasant tiles. I made it to the sink and then realized that Aria was still in bed. 

"Love you need to get up," I say shaking her shoulder. She just groaned and wrapped the blanket around her tighter. "Ok I'm sorry I have to do this but you leave me no choice" I warn before yanking the blanket off her. "No Charles that's mean your mean," She said curling up into a ball.

"Remember what happened last time this happened we both got late to the meeting and got yelled at" I explain. "Fine fine you win happy?" She said grumpily. "Very" I followed her back into the bathroom.   

We both brushed our teeth and got ready for race day. I went in my usual uniform and Aria matched me. We got out of the hotel pretty quickly and drove our way down to the paddock. 

It was crowded with fans begging for autographs and pictures which I quickly stopped for then continued to head to the hospitality for the pre-race briefing. 

We finally made it on time for once and went through the meeting smoothly before it was on to pre-race warm up and routine. I said goodbye to Aria and went to go change into my race suit and fireproofs. 

Then I went to go warm up with my trainer. I talked with some of the strategists along with Aria about our strategy. I took a few minutes to block everything out and listen to my pre-race playlist. 

Soon enough I had to put my helmet on and get into the car. "Remember if you win this then you will be leading the championship" Aria said to me leaning down to my level in the car. I nod letting the realization set in. 

I got the sign to get out of the garage and made my way into the line of cars in the pit lane. We lined up then started the formation lap. I weaved around to get the tire temperatures up and eventually make it back to the start line. 

The lights went out and my reaction time was good but it was chaos going into turn one. I was happy that I was leading into their because I would not want to be in the middle of that.  

I was able to increase my lead to 4 second by the third lap when DRS was enabled. The car was able to gain a lot of speed and time on more of the straights. 

"Max is making a move on Lando for second be ready he could be coming up behind you soon" Aria says through the radio. Max successfully overtook Lando and was coming up behind me quickly. I was trying my best to keep him out of DRS range because with that he would have defiantly taken the lead.