Sattena Nenaindhadhu Nenjam: Bonus

Disclaimer: This is a work of FICTION. Only the names of my main characters have been inspired by real life.

Not proof read and the entire chapter was typed using a mobile device. Please bear with typos.

This is a bonus OS for Sattena Nenaindhadhu Nenjam. Please do read the series before reading this OS if you haven't already. This is just a simple no fuss OS. This chapter is over 18k words and I intended it to be a single chapter. So most definitely start it when you have the time.

I hope this is enjoyable! As always there is a note at the end of this chapter.

—————————————————————————

Sattena Nenaindhadhu Nenjam: Bonus

Sivaangi splashed some cold water on her face at the toilet sink after a long day that Tuesday. Staring at herself in the mirror, she pulled at the hand kerchief she had haphazardly tucked in her in-skirt over her saree earlier that day and quickly wiped her face. She pushed her maroon sticker pottu a little to ensure it looked right. She smoothened her stray hairs and safely secured them behind her ears with a Bobby pin on either side.

Adjusting the last pleat of her saree under her arm, she let her mind wander away. "Indha oru thadava mattum. Inimel Yosika maaten", she told herself.

A small smile crept up her on face, she blinked her eyes a few times to get rid of the smile. She looked at herself in the mirror one more time and a soft blush painted her face without her accord.

On Sunday evening she had told herself she would not think about him. Not when she had missed college for two weeks. Not when she had missed her entrance tuition for two weeks. Not when she had so much to catch up. And yet here she was, her heart aching to think about him.

"Ashwin", she barely whispered to herself.

She quickly turned around to see if there was anyone else in the restroom. Not seeing anyone else, she raised her voice a little above a whisper.

"Ashwin", she tested out his name on her tongue yet again.

It didn't sound any different from all the times she had called him in the past six months or so. Yet, her fluttering heart told her it was different. The smile on her face told her it was different. He was hers now, wasn't he?

"Fiancé".

That was what Amudha akka from the literature department had told her. After all akka knew these things, she was pursing a PhD in Literature. She had quietly asked standing behind Amudha akka in the mess line during lunch, "kalyanam pannika poravangala English la Enna sollanum?".

"Fiancé", she tested out the word again looking around once more to confirm if she was still alone. She couldn't disagree there was a nice ring to the word. But something was amiss. Her heart didn't leap with joy.

"Anbare" she whispered and smiled to herself.

The word took her back to the previous week.

She thought back to Ashwin walking out her house just last week after confirming with her dad that his paati or someone from his family would reach out to them the very next day. But his paati had in fact visited her house later that evening, within an hour of him leaving.