CHAPTER 10 Annelise

I feel a ray of sunlight brush my cheek and blind my closed eye as i slowly wake up.

Oh. My pillow is too stiff today and hard, hard like a rock almost as if I'm sleeping on a man's chest. Without realising it, a smile automatically escapes my lips and i hug my pillow tighter. My blanket covers my back warming me sweetly like a pair of hands.

But... Now that i think about it why does my pillow have a heartbeat and why is it moving up and down.

My eyes flash open as soon as i realise that that thing is definitely not a pillow and i immediately push the other person away from me giving him a slap on the cheek. "Ouch!" Dorian growls as he brings the pain of his hand to his cheek. "What was that about?" He complains as he rubs his cheek.

"Oh," i blink twice "It's you." I breath my eyes still confused. "Why where we hugging?" I ask.

For a moment he stares at me as if waiting for me to remember something. I tilt my head. "Don't you remember?" He asks, and i sense hurt in his voice.

"Remember what?" "Nothing... Nothing"

He gets up and hands me his hand. "We are going to the village." He says at the same time i accept his hand. "I will find you a place to stay there. After that we follow our own paths." He instructs and i sense a spark in his eyes like he is holding himself from telling me something. But I'm holding back too.

I gather all my courage as i say "Can't we-" i take a deep breath opening my scared, of rejection, eyes and look at him "Can't we follow the same path? I know no-one here and we are friends. Could you stay with me for some days, until i adapt?"

My gaze goes to the floor. Every time i asked my mother for something i really wanted she refused and i am hoping for something else this time. "Yes," i hear him breath and i instantly raise my head to witness his bright face, a smile drawn, the sun rests painting his hair ends. I hug him.

For a moment the fact that he is a boy and i am a girl doesn't concern me. He is my friend and I am his.

We stayed like that for a while and then started our war towards the village. "It's not too far from here." He says already sending that i was about to ask him my usual question.

"You said we'll be staying at the village but... With what money? Everything is under the see more." I ask. Everything is gone. We didn't even change clothes. I was worried someone of was was going to get such from the cold water drying on us.

"I know a motel, the owner owes me. He will let us stay for free for some days. I can start a job and get us money in the meantime."

"I'll help!" I say. He doesn't respond, i let it slide.

✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。✧⁠*⁠。

"Ahahahahah!" I can't stop laughing. "Stop that!" I hit his muscly arm with my elbow.

"Alright," Dorian chuckles "I'll stop teasing you..." I see him checking my outfit once again "about your a outfit." He bursts out laughing and i giggle at the way his laugh sounds.

I gently punch his face with the palm of my hand "You should see the trash you are wearing." I cover my mouth with my hand as he looks down at him. "Well," he tries to find the right words "It's definitely not worse that yours." He spreads his hands and i cross mine to my chest.