43.

When Preet woke up the next day, she was alone in the bed and Veer already left for the office as she was late. She was really happy to see he prepared breakfast for her also before leaving. This was enough assurance for her to know he cared for her but was just angry with her.

She felt like a horrible person to not even share her feelings. She wanted to tell him the reason but she won't because she knows her husband. He would take everything on himself. And she didn't want that even if she had to be a bad person in his eyes.

She promises to herself that she will make everything between them normal like before. She knows how to woo her angry man. But she wanted to give him a space to calm himself before talking to him.

And about the baby, only she knows how she feels unbearable pain every time she remembers she is not allow to be a mother. She loves babies too much. Who won't, right? Now whenever she sees Ridhi playing and laughing cutely, she craves to hear those cute giggling in her home. And tiny chubby legs running around this house making her and Veer dance on their tiny chubby fingers. It would be the most beautiful and cute sight to see.
She had so many dreams for her baby. It hurts too much to think her dream will remain a dream.

Preet sighs and closes her eyes tightly to control her emotions. She stood up and walked in the house after closing the door of the backyard where she was sitting as she was feeling suffocated inside the house.

She looked at the clock to see it was already 5 pm. Her eyes widened as she had to go to the market to buy some groceries. She ran to their room to get money that Veer gave her for her use.

After getting ready in a simple black kurta and palazzo with matching black net dupatta, she tied her long hair in a loose braid and then finally left for market.

On the way, she texts Veer that she is outside for shopping.

"Bhaiya, ye kaise diye?" she asked, checking onions in the shop. He told her the rate.

(Brother, how about these?)

"2kg pack kar dein, please," she asked and looked at him to see if he was packing good ones.

(pack 2kg, please)

"250 ho gaya apka, madam." The shopkeeper told her, putting the vegetables in a cloth carry bag.

(The total is 250, madam)
"Ye lijiye," she gave him 500rs to which he returned her remaining 250rs back.

(Here)

She took the carry bag and started walking through the crowded street of the local market.

"What is left now?" she whispered to herself while looking at the list in her hand.

"I have to buy a sanitary pad," she looked around the market to find a pharmacy.

She was looking to her left when someone stumbles into her making her lose her balance but she quickly balances herself and looks at the person who bumped into her only to have her eyes widened in surprise.

Veer comes out of the meeting and takes a sigh of relief. His boss came to him and praised him for his excellent presentation due to which company was able to secure a million dollar deal.

He just smiled at him politely and said a small thank you. After that he went to his desk and started working on the final report of the project, they just sighed, because the financial department needed it.

He checks his phone and sees a text from Preet. Thinking she would take time, he decided to work a little over his usual time to finish his work before leaving for home.