The Alliance

--MAAHIR POV--

I finally finished my office work and arrived at Singhania Mansion to find my family gathered in living hall. They greeted me with a smile, and my grandma asked how I had been. After exchanging pleasantries, she asked if I was hungry, and I agreed since I hadn't eaten much all day. We sat down for dinner, and my dad cleared his throat to get our attention. He signaled grandma, she looked towards me kind of nervous, "Maahi.. Do you by any chance have someone special in your life with whom you wanna have a future?" I looked towards her and Dad.

AWKWARD SILENCE

"Ahem!! I'm sorry, but no," I replied in a chilly tone. What a weird question, It was strange for them to ask if I had a girlfriend. "Well, that's good to hear. You turned 26 this year, Maahi, so it's best if you get married now." Married? What the hell? "I'm not ready nor interested," I responded, holding back any harsh words that could hurt my grandmother. "My friend's daughter has a proposal for you. Hopefully, you will consider it," my father said in a cold voice. From his tone alone, I knew it wasn't a request, but a command. "Yes, Maahi, you should consider it. Their family is close to ours, and now is the right time for you to get married." A close family? "Alright, as you say, but who are you talking about?" I said, little curiously.

"Rathod family," my dad said. I was about to respond when didaa interrupted, "Remember Haarika, the only daughter of the Rathod's? She's currently doing an internship and is here on holiday. Her family has agreed to this proposal, so if you don't have any objections, shall we meet them for dinner?" "Sure," I replied shortly, knowing how fond didaa was of Haarika and that my dad wouldn't appreciate a refusal. "Great, I'll inform Aadarsh about it." replied Dad.

Haarika Rathod! I haven't had the opportunity to spend much time with her, but when we were younger, I often saw her at the events my family and I attended. She always had a cheerful and lively personality. I don't know much about her current disposition - perhaps she has remained the same, or maybe she has changed over time.

"Oiiiee Maahiraa you are here too? Come let us play there or maybe eat something first. yk those desserts look tempting wanna try any of those?" said little Haarika. This girl again ughh "For god's sake Haarika, it's Maahir, not Maahira and no am not hungry leave me I will join you later you go and have something" replied little Maahir.

She is a girl with a beautiful smile and nature that is mischievous. We lost touch long back and haven't heard of each other since then. When I moved to California for my studies, she had already gone to another place to pursue her medical studies. It was not my concern where she went; my focus was on my ambitions and success.

*Sigh* I am not even sure why I agreed to meet her family. Marriage is not a priority for me, especially not with Haarika Rathod. This is just great! Maybe I can persuade her to decline my proposal tomorrow. After all, who would want to say yes to someone who is rude and arrogant?

--HAARIKA POV--

It has been many years since I returned home to spend time with my family. Typically, during my holidays, I prefer to travel instead of coming back home. It's not that I don't miss my parents, but I don't feel like this place is my home. However, when my mom called me and asked me to visit them, I decided to spend some time with everyone. While eating lunch, I noticed my mom and dad exchanging glances with each other.

Alright what's going on... As my mom turned to me, she asked if I had a boyfriend. Excuse me? I was taken aback and responded with a quick "No." My father chimed in with a "Good". "Tomorrow Singhania' s are coming along with a marriage proposal of their son Maahir Singhania" Marriage? what? I couldn't believe it. "But dad am just 25 and still doing an internship" replied after the shocking news I just heard. When I brought this up, my father dismissed it, saying "Yes you are 25 and capable to get married, about your internship you can continue that after marriage too" replied dad in a rough tone. "But" I tried to argue, but my father shut me down "No further discussion I said what I said be ready tomorrow they will come for lunch." It was frustrating that they never listened to me and treated me like a worker instead of their daughter. "Haarika, your dad is right. Singhania's are our close one also a trusted family, we won't think bad for you. Maahir is a suitable partner even more than enough you could ever ask for," My mother tried to reassure me. Instead of arguing I just nodded and retreated to my room.

At the moment, I am not interested in getting married. I have some personal aspirations that I want to pursue, and I don't want to be caught up in any unnecessary emotional turmoil. I recall meeting Maahir Singhania a few times, as our families are acquainted. He was reserved, yet not entirely quiet, and I remember him having anger issues from a young age itself. He had an enigmatic and unusual personality. He excelled in all aspects of life, sports and academics and what not. Frustrated by the shocking news, I ran my hand through my hair. Retrieving my phone from my pocket, I noticed a few missed calls from my best friend, Samar.

-----------------------------------------

Here is the first chapter. I hope you enjoy it.

If you do, please consider leaving a vote, comment, or like.

Stay tuned for the next chapter.

^_^^_^