Reception

--MAAHIR'S POV--

I wore a designer silver beige sherwani with intricate embroidery. "Are you ready, Maahi?" I turned to look at Dad and nodded. "You look so handsome." Dad walked towards me and hugged me. "You're all grown up now, it feels like you were born just today." I rarely heard this kind of dialogue from him, it was usually mom who said it frequently. "Okay, now listen to me. Ma, Sid, and I are leaving for the venue, and Haarika is coming with you." I was about to say something when he spoke again. "See you at the venue, take care of Haarika." I nodded as he left. After putting on my wristwatch, I shut the door of the guest room and walked towards my own room to look for Haarika. 

"Are you done?" I opened the door, and the smell of lavender filled my lungs. As I opened the door, I noticed something that caught my attention - Haarika flinched. I couldn't help but wonder what made her react that way. Was it because of my presence, my voice, or just me in general? When she turned towards me, our eyes met. She was wearing a silver lehenga with heavy embroidery that matched my outfit. Her Dupatta wasn't tugged, giving a view of her belly and I moved my gaze from her belly to her face "Ready?" I asked. she quickly tucked her dupatta was tucked into her kamarband and nodded, she looked elegant with the other side of the dupatta hung on her left side and her right arm covered with the same fabric. Her hair was curled and left open, and she wore a heavy necklace and a pair of earrings. Overall, she looked beautiful. 

"I am ready," she said, making me nod

"I am ready," she said, making me nod. I took small steps towards her, noticing the movement in her neck as she gulped. I stopped when we were just a few steps away. As my hand moved towards her face, she closed her eyes. Suddenly, a realization hit me. I moved my hand away from her and cleared my throat. "Let's go," I said, turning on my heel and beginning to walk. We decided to reach the venue before the guests, and fortunately, everyone from the house was already there, except us. We had to get there as soon as possible. I held the knob of the door when a thud sound caught my attention. Something, a piece of jewelry, had fallen to the ground. Haarika rolled her eyes as she picked it up. Her expression said it all - she was tired of that piece of jewelry. It was the necklace she had been wearing earlier. "I am tired of this," she murmured. "I am coming back in the next 10 minutes. Get ready till then." I looked at her, and she nodded. Ten minutes had passed, and I was still standing outside my room while this woman was still inside. "Haarika, we are running late," I said after knocking on the door. "Yes, I am done," she paused. "I guess." Her words came out as a whisper, but they were enough for me to hear.

I walked into the room with a sigh and saw her standing there, her outfit looking perfect once again. "Are you ready?" I asked her. She nodded and took a step towards the door, but as she did, her necklace fell off. She caught it before it hit the ground, Reflex. She let out a sigh and turned to me. "You know, the clasp on this necklace is really annoying. Could you call Dida to help me fix it?" I put my hands in my pajama pockets. "I'm sorry, but she's not home right now." She cursed under her breath. "Well, can't you call one of the other helpers? Someone might be able to help me." I shook my head. "I don't think that's a good idea, Mrs. Singhania. The female helpers have already finished their duties for the day, and the only ones left are the male helpers. Do you think I will allow them touching you?"