Jab They Met

--MAAHIR'S POV--

Upon arriving at "Rathod Mansion," My grandmother was overjoyed at the prospect of an alliance between myself and Haarika. She couldn't stop raving about how beautiful Haarika was and how thrilled she was at the possibility of us forming a bond. It was clear that she was very happy about the alliance idea.

As the door opened, my gaze scanned the room and landed on a stunningly dressed girl descending the stairs. Is that Haarika Rathod? She looked absolutely beautiful in this white dress, with her hair tousled yet still neatly arranged. Our eyes briefly met before she turned away and walked off.

Suddenly, I felt a tightness in my chest and a strange sensation in my stomach

Suddenly, I felt a tightness in my chest and a strange sensation in my stomach. What's wrong with me? I couldn't help but admire her captivating figure, but the memory of our sudden eye contact made me realized that her eyes didn't shimmer like they used to. "Why am I getting distracted? Stay focused, Maahir. We're here to reject the proposal, not act like a Simp." 

"Welcome, Mr. Singhania and your family," Aadarsh Rathod greeted us warmly as he shook hands with my father. "We are all one big family here, so please drop the formalities," my father added.

I greeted her parents by touching their feet, and then my family and I were welcomed into the living room. Although I may come across as rude and arrogant, I never disrespect anyone unless they provoke me. I only direct my anger towards those who deserve it, after all, my mom raised me well. I reminded myself not to think about my mom and to stay calm. 

"Where is Haarika, Aadarsh?" asked Dida as only her parents, some workers, and my family were present in the living room. "Oh, there she comes," said Arya Rathod, her mother. I turned around to see Haarika coming towards us with tea and snacks. "Maahi, don't stare at her like that," teased Dida. I felt a little embarrassed as I got caught red-handed. But to be honest, Haarika looks very different from what I had thought about her. She has changed a lot, but then again, who doesn't change, right?

As she approached, she touched my father's feet while my grandma embraced her, beaming with admiration. She then handed out tea to everyone, but when she approached me, I felt a bit nervous. Me? Nervous in front of a girl? Seriously Maahir. Our hands slightly brushed as she handed me the tea, and she quietly went to sit beside her mother.

As I was about to speak, her father placed his hand on her shoulder and guided her towards us. With a wide smile on his face, he proudly presented her as "my beloved daughter, Haarika. Or should I say, Dr. Haarika? She's the apple of our eye and our source of sunshine." Although she smiled, it seemed forced, and I could sense her unease as she greeted us.

I can't help but notice that she avoided eye contact with me, but eventually made it.

She glared and I responded with a smirk.