27| I can't live without them

"Demetri

"Demetri." I give a shaky smile and he gives me a once over his brows furrowed in confusion.

"What's wrong? What happened? Why did you have me come here so urgently?" His sudden burst of questions doesn't surprise me and I sigh in response.

"I need you to check me. Make sure I don't have any chocolate chips on me."

I didn't know why I hadn't thought of this before. Alexei was always listening to everything. He seemed to always find a way to know what I was doing, when I was doing it, and who I was doing it with. He had all the information he could get and I needed to figure out how. 

During my assassin days where I was sent on some extreme missions, things didn't always go as planned. I wasn't always the best assassin. It took a long time. In the beginning, while I didn't complete all my missions, I did get hurt a lot.

My targets weren't poor nobodies either. They were mostly rich bastards. Some even mafia men who definitely have access to some next level technology. And because of that, Demetri explained to me the risks of everything. Even a small cut was enough for them to slip in a tracker. Trackers over the years have become smaller and smaller. Hiding one was really easy.

But finding those trackers could also be easy when you had high level technology like Demetri did. After all of my missions even if I had the smallest of a cut he always scanned me. He explained to me that as an assassin getting checked for chips was like checking for chocolate chips after eating. He always made jokes but that specific one stuck with me. We used that as our way to tell each other we needed to get checked for trackers of sorts.

He takes the scanning stick from his bag, running it first over the tracker he always had on him to check to see if it was working.

It rings.

He goes over my phone that doesn't buzz. I knew it wasn't my phone. I checked a million times before this. I had the technology to check for tracking devices on objects. That was something I had access to. What I didn't have was a way to track devices in my body. Demetri on the other hand had access to it.

Then he drops it down to my feet slowly raising it up my body. The second he reaches my neck it gives a small ring. He pulls the machine away and brings it back to my neck. He slowly brings it around my body and pauses at the right side of my neck.

Again, it rings.

He doesn't speak throughout the entire process and neither do I. He grabs a smaller machine and recognizes it as his mini X-ray gadget. It was specially for detecting small devices. He places it back on my neck and stares at the screen, a frown forming on his face.

"Get it out. Please." I mumble and he nods quietly, pushing me down to sit on my vanity stool. He picks up a small knife sanitizing it and brings it to my neck. He uses the machine to find the exact spot and cuts down into the skin. It was a light prick.