Chapter 1

A girl came out of her office wearing a white coat. She greeted the other doctors as she walked through the corridors.

She was inside the Hills hospital. It was a well known hospital between all kinds of patients.

She is a psychiatrist in this hospital.

Reni walked into another room and greeted her best friend "Mike"

Mike looked up from the patient files he was reading and smiled.

"It's my time to leave, I will go and pick up Emi from school and then come back before five" she said as she turned around to go.

Mike stood up .

"Go ahead, I will take care of it here"

She smiled at him and waved him a bye. She left the hospital to the parking lot where her bike was parked.

When she got to her bike she sat at it and put the key in to start it.

She felt the breeze hit her face as she drove on the roads .

The breeze was cool because of the recent showers and felt really awesome. Soon she reached Emi's school.

She parked her bike out of the school and waited for the school to get over. She was here five minutes early today.

Emily went to just an ordinary public school located at the centre of the city, so it was really crowded as a lot of children rushed out all at once and the children's parents rushed to get their children and go home.

She just waited patiently at the gate for Emi to come out.

When the rush has almost subsided Emi came out with both of her hands wrapped around her bestfriends' shoulder.

Reni smiled as she saw her daughter happy.

As soon as Emi saw her she rushed towards her leaving her friends behind who rushed behind her to get to her.

Emily came to her and shouted between taking breaths "Mommy, You know what..Huh Huh...happened. ..in class....today"

Reni pulled out her water bottle and gave it to Emily .

The girl gulped down all the water left in her water bottle and finally calmed down. She passed her bottle to her mother to put it back into her bag.

"Hey,....hey Emi wait for....us...." said Emi's friends as they reached, their breaths short.

"Didn't you eat, you are too slow" Emi said mocking.

Alex pouted at this and said "We are not slow,you are just too fast, right Kiely"

Kiely nodded her head.

"Then you should do exercise otherwise you will become fat like a potato and instead of running you will then roll on the ground" Emily nagged them like a mother and they also nodded their heads obediently.

Even though Reni would love to see these kids tease each other but today she has got no time to waste, she has to return to the hospital early.

"Emi lets go, it's getting late"

Emi listened to her mother and said good bye to her friends and went to her mother.

Reni got her daughter's small purple bag and helped Emi sit in the front, she pulled the bag on her one shoulder and sat on the bike behind Emi and drove it to their home.

Their home was neither too small or too big, it was just perfect for the two of them. It was a cozy two storey house with a little living room which was attached to the kitchen on the ground floor and a bedroom with a bathroom on the first floor.

Although the house was not so big but there was enough space at the terrace for them to play a game of tag.

They soon reached their home and Reni helped Emi to get down from the bike and parked it into the little parking space in her house.

Getting off of the bike she opened the door with the key. Emi went in and she followed her after closing the main gate of the house.

"Emily go and change your clothes and put your bag at place, till then mommy will make something for you to eat"  she said as she put off the key and her helmet and put on an apron from the rack.

Emi went upstairs to change her clothes. Till the time she came back Reni had already fried the vegetables and made sandwiches with them and mayonnaise.

Emi came and sat at the table waiting for her mother to serve food to her.

Reni got the plate and put it in front of Emi.

Emi started eating.

Reni put a glass of orange juice on the table for her to drink.

As she sat at the table too she saw Emi looking at her hands. She has already finished her sandwiches.

'This girl sure eats fast' she thought to herself as she took the plate away to wash it.

Till the time she turned around after washing the plate, the glass has gone empty, she looked again at her daughter who was biting her lips as she continued to look at her lap.

After washing the glass and placing it back in the cabinet she came and sat opposite to Emi.

When Emi still didn't said anything she asked "What do you want?"

Emi finally looked up at her mother and made a cute face, she came near her and tugged on her top cutely and asked in a small voice "Mommy, can I go to Alex's place to play today, Kiely is also coming, or we can call them to come here"

She looked at her cute daughter smiling "We will call them here another day, today mommy has to go to the hospital so you can go and play at Alex's.."

Emi cheered as she agreed "But you have to complete your homework before going"

These words were like a bomb dropped on Emi's plan.

Emi sulked as she thought about the homework they had got and pouted.

Reni looked at her and laughed. She stopped when she saw her glare.

"Mommy this is not funny" Emi said in an angry tone.

Reni so much wanted to laugh at her daughter's antics who tried to become scary.

She reminded her of a person but she quickly brushed the thought away.

"Okay Emi, mommy is sorry to laugh, why don't we go and finish your homework so you can go to play early" Reni said and started going upstairs to get Emi's bag.