Chapter 5

Emi came home around eight-thirty and Mike was like shaking when he faced Reni.

Emi just waved at him saying "Good luck uncle" and went inside.

"Listen Reni, I was home on time , it was Clara who stopped her,it was not my fault" he tried to save himself as he put his hand up and backed to the wall.

"Lier" said Emily who has washed her hands after going in and was now seated at the table for food. She was starving!!.

Reni looked at her and then at Mike while shaking her head.

She went to the kitchen to bring food.

When she came back she found Mike also sitting at the table. She sighed as she put the food on the table. She gave them both a smile as they ate, well she kinda knew this.

Sitting herself she took some food in her plate.

"So why again are you eating with us" she said pointing her spoon towards Mike.

"Oh chill Reni, you know this, till the time I will reach home, everything will be wiped out, I bet you will not let this wonderful me starve" He said smiling.

"Yeah yeah" she replied dismissively and turned to her daughter.

"Emi, this weekend we are going to your Granny's house, so pack one or two pair of clothes"

"Ok mommy" Emi nodded happily showing her perfect white teeth.

_________________________

"So you are saying that your mom called you to come home in excuse of a family dinner but to introduce you to some man" Evangeline, Reni's best friend said as she put a piece of cake in her mouth.

Reni glared at her. Emi was currently playing in the garden outside not too far away.

They were both sitting in a cafe that they frequently visit when they both have free time.

In response to her glare Eva (Evangeline) said to her "Oh come on you are not dumb to know this"

"But what if they really gave up?"

"As if they will, but I am really happy, seems like you are getting married soon by the way you told about how confident your mother sounded"

"How wonderful, yesterday I saw a beautiful dress in a store perfect for your wedding, I am looking forward to it" said Eva giving her the dreamy look.

Reni frowned "Yeah you, will obviously look forward to my misfortune after all you love to torture me"

"Marriage is not that bad as you think, just look at me and I am so happy, just wait till you get married you will surely love it and more than that you will love your hubby" Eva again said wiggling her eyebrows.

Reni looked at her with a look that clearly said 'Are you serious?'

"Well, no thank you I will pass on this marriage, if you want so much then get married once again" she said indifferently .

"No, you will get married, I will make sure of it" Eva said proudly.

"You know at this time the proverb cannot be more right that 'Learn for your enimies and beware of your friends', some times I think what a good life I will live if I will murder you and throw your body into the ocean" Reni said with a creepy smile on her face as she stirred her coffee.

"As if you can" Eva replied arrogantly.

"Why can't I ?" Reni asked.

"You just can't"

"I can"

"No you can't"

"I can"

"Other things aside but don't you think for your selfishness you are depriving Emi of a father, after all she also deserves a full family" Eva said getting serious.

"But how do you know that he will treat her well, she already have faced so many grievances" Reni said angrily, her voice a little higher.

Eva shook her head and was about to say something when Emi came to them.

"Mommy, Emi is tired, can we go home" she asked tilting her head to the side.

"Sure Emi, say bye to your aunt" Reni said as she stood up from her seat and so did Eva.

"Bye Eva, see you later" Reni said before turning and walking out with Eva.

She sat on her bike outside with Emi when Eva said "Remember to not to be too hard on the boy, ok" and she winked.

Reni sighed and laughed at her bestie's behaviour.
__________________________

"Dad, look what sister is wearing for the family reunion" Kelly, Reni's younger sister complained.

It's been a day since she came to visit them and today was the day of the reunion and they were going to some seven star restaurant for it. So fun. Note the sarcasm!

"I don't think that for a family dinner I need to wear such a dress" Reni said to her sister who was holding a dress in her hand and by looking at it only Reni wanted to throw it away.

"Let her wear whatever she wants" her father said.

Kelly pouted to this and showed her dissatisfaction.

Listening to her father's voice Reni thought 'Now that's new!'

Afterwards they reached the restaurant soon. Reni and Emi came with Kelly and her husband in one car and her parents came in the other car with her younger brother, Nathan and his wife.

As soon as they reached the door they were escorted in to a private room.

'I wonder who is dad inviting today because this is lavish' thought Reni looking everywhere.

There is no way that her family will come to such a place for just a family reunion, hell they can't afford this as they were just a middle class family and this restaurant looked super expensive.

As they were about to sit at the table Reni suddenly got a call, excused herself to go out leaving Emi with her family.

Her family didn't dislike Emi but didn't like her either, it was just like the relationship between two classmates who just say a hello to each other in a while.

When she was standing outside and talking or the phone or you can say arguing and getting scolded someone bumped into her.

Already frustrated she doesn't want to listen to the person who bumped into her so she just said a sorry and walked away from there.