Chapter 12

Rheuss took off his shoes and stood up. Emily was standing behind him with a satisfied look.

This girl is really different than others, from the two days that he has observed this mother and daughter he came to know that Emily was pampered to no end by this women.

She never said no about anything that Emily wanted.

Just looking at both of them you can know how much the mother pampers the daughter but the little girl is still very obedient and sensible, someone who doesn't cause trouble for her mother.

Anyone who doesn't know that the girl is adopted they will think that they both have blood relation, in his opinion from what he had seen since childhood even a girl's biological mother will not be this close to her.

Who said blood is thicker than water, he can clearly see that the mother dotes on the adopted daughter and the daughter loves her step-mother to no end.

He has been observing the smiles that Emily gives others, each one is filled with different warmth and the one given to her mother is the warmest one.

But maybe it is because the little girl doesn't know that she is adopted and thinks Reni is her biological mother as he can remember that when they met Reni's father told about Emily being adopted only when she was gone.

He was brought out of his thoughts when the little girl dragged him to the small living room.

"Dad this is our living room, with a cozy sofa and this is where sometimes, me and mommy have a movie night" she said pointing towards it.

"Which movie do you see?" Rheuss asked with his hands in his pocket.

"Well, sometimes Disney or Pokemon and sometimes we also watch some old series of mommy's teenage days on Netflix" she replied and continued to take him upstairs.

'Web series? For a kid? Of her teenage days, the upbringing of the child is really well' Rheuss shook his head as he walked up the staircase to the first floor. There were two rooms on the floor.

"This is the guest room which is usually used for storage nowadays" Emi said pointing towards the room on the right then she opened the room on the left and stepped inside, Rheuss followed her inside and found a cozy room.

There was a bed enough for two people in the middle, a wardrobe on the right side of the bed and a vanity table was placed on the left side.

There was another door on the right wall that was probably the bathroom.

On the left wall were two bookshelves filled with all kinds of books.

'Key sign of a book lover's room'

"And last this is Emi and Mommy's room" Emi said ending the tour.

Rheuss looked around for a while then his gaze landed on the wardrobe with a transparent door. Inside he can see that five-sixth of the wardrobe was filled with childs clothing and the rest with a woman's.

The door bell rang. "Emily go and open the door" Reni's voice came from downstairs.

Emi rushed down to open the door with Rheuss coming lazily behind her.

Emi opened the door "Uncle Mike" she shouted as she saw her uncle at door.

She quickly hugged him and brought him inside.

"Emi, who is it?" Reni came out of the kitchen while wiping her hands.

"Oh, Mike so it's you, food is ready, you are right on time" Reni said as she put one more plate in front of the empty chair.