Chapter 3

The room became cold as a man well dressed in a three piece navy suit entered inside. The people looked at him with a mixture of fear and curiosity.

The man walked with elegance and the aura of a king.

Everyone, even the people who were new and didn't knew much, knew that this man was someone not to be messed with.

With a dangerous kind of personality he was short-tempered and overbearing.

A perfect man is what you can call him, a man who has mastered everything there is to be in this business world and much more.

The people who sat in the conference hall sat up as soon as he entered. Even though the board of directors consisted of old people, you can still notice the small beads of sweat on their foreheads.

The man smirked seeing the nervousness and motioned everyone to sit down. His assistant brought him a file.

He first looked through it and then threw it on the table.

He looked at his personal assistant who understood immediately what his boss was saying.

"Our sir don't agree with this proposal" he said on behalf of his boss.

The board of directors looked at each other and one among them stood up.

"But Mr. Carter I think that this is a good proposal"

Rheuss looked at the person who spoke, he was one of his dad's old friend who recently brought some shares of his company.

He smirked again "Mr. Black, if you can't even notice the all so obvious loopholes in this proposal, then this place is not for you, you will just end up losing money"

Mr Black was astonished, what obvious loopholes, he bet most of the board of directors didn't find anything wrong.

He wanted to say something but before he could say Rheuss' assistant explained about the loopholes to everyone.

Mr Black looked surprised at the young CEO who leaned back in his seat. 'The CEO is really capable of handling such a big group of companies' he thought to himself.

After clearing the loopholes, Rheuss dismissed the meeting and went back to his office, his office was very big with grey walls and a big desk, there was a lounge area on the right.

He sat in his seat and started reading the other files his assistant has brought.

When he was reviewing how that previous product launch was doing a knock sounded at his door.

He replied with a hoarse 'Come in'.

His assistant came inside with a file in his hand "Sir,  this needs your signature"

Rheuss looked at the file and motioned him to put it down. After putting down the file Alan (his assistant) spoke "Sir , the madam wanted to speak to you"

Rheuss looked at Alan, signed the file and dismissed him. Alan went out taking the signed file with him.

After he was gone Rheuss picked up his private phone and called his mother. As soon as the phone was picked up, his ears were met with a screeching noise as his mother yelled at him "You unfilial son, now you don't even have time to talk with your mom, for that also I have to ask your assistant"

Contrast to the angered woman on the other side Rheuss was calm and just gave a indifferent "Ok".

Mrs. Carter sighed on the other side of the phone and said "You are coming home this weekend".

It was not a question but a sentence or command.

"I am busy" he gave her just a short reply and was about to cut the call when he heard. "You better come home this weekend, if you know what's good for you"

It was his father's voice which sounded utterly confident today. A frown came on his face as he said nothing.

"You better come home if you want that" his father said.

Rheuss' ears perked up at the mention of that thing. He scoffed "You lost it way before"

"Why do you think I would lose such a thing with the use of which I can control my son" he said.

Rheuss' eyebrows twitched, he clenched his hand knowing that his father got him there.

"If you want to know that if I really have it or not, come home for dinner on saturday" Mr. Carter said.

Even though Rheuss can't see his father's face but he could feel the smirk on his father's face.

"Ok" he coldly said and put down the phone.

His gaze then went to his best friend, Ethan who had entered inside his office without knocking when he was busy with the call.

"Seems like my friend is getting married soon, isn't he?" Ethan spoke with a teasing look.

Rheuss glared at him and threw a pen towards him. "Get out"

"Calm down calm down" Ethan said, there is nothing in this world that he fears more than his bestfriend's anger.

"Uncle, are you not taking me to my friend's house" Suddenly a boy, no more than six years of age came inside and asked his uncle.

Rheuss looked at his nephew and said "I have some work to do, you can go with the driver or if you want to go with me, wait here till my work gets over"

Sam looked at his uncle and said "You promised to take me, Sam will not go with the driver and Sam can't wait longer as he is already late"

This had no effect on his uncle so he continued "I will tell mom that uncle-"

At the mention of his sister, Rheuss' face morphed into a frown.

"Ok" he agreed and started going down.

He turned around and said "Ethan, take care of that work"

The smile that was on Ethan's face since he came here dropped.

"But-" he complained but before he could say anything, Rheuss has gone out of the door.

Rheuss and Sam reached Alex's home.  Sam ran and rang the doorbell in a swift.

The door opened and Alex was standing there with a smile.

"Sam, you are finally here" Alex said as he gave Sam a hug.

"Alex, sorry for I was late, uncle has some work to do before dropping me here" Sam said.

At the mention of his uncle Alex noticed the man who was standing behind Sam.

He quickly greeted him and asked them to come inside.

Before he could take them inside a voice came "Alex you can't run off like this, you lost so you have to do what we say"