from the beginning

"You're staring. She caught you staring at her for the third time and you're still staring." Jeongyeon whispered into Jihyo's ear, startling her.

"Say staring one more time, I'm going to stab you in the eyes." Jihyo sent a death glare to her best friend. "I can't believe Chaeyoung invited her! How could she invite my ex-girlfriend?!"

Jeongyeon sighed, Jihyo was a lot to handle after her breakup with you. As Jihyo went through all the stages of a breakup, Jeongyeon was right by her side. It was hard because Jeongyeon is also friends with you. In fact, you are still friends with the girls.

After breaking things off with you, Jihyo cried her heart out for days. After that, came the refusal to eat anything until Tzuyu forced her to. Then, it was anger. She was angry at herself for being a coward. Next was Jihyo becoming a creep slash stalker. She stalked your socials every chance she gets. Whether it was during a short break between filming or in the car on the way back to her dorm after practices.

"I didn't want to do this right now, but Jyo, we continue to hang out after your breakup."

"WHAT?!" Jihyo raised her voice, getting attention from her friends and some staff who Chaeyoung invited.

"Look, she wasn't just your girlfriend. We've become friends during the time when you were still dating. Friendships don't just go away after a breakup. We're still friends." Jeongyeon tried to reason with Jihyo because right now, her best friend was being a dumbass.

Jihyo took a few minutes to take in what Jeongyeon had just said. She had no idea you were still hanging out with them, and it makes her think that maybe she still has a chance with you.

"Well... then, do you guys talk about me?"

Jeongyeon shook her head, and as soon as she saw disappointment flash across Jihyo's eyes, she quickly added, "I mean, most of the time we were just talking about latest trends and stuff."

"Then... did she ask about me?"

"She always tried to avoid talking about you." Jeongyeon wrapped an arm around Jihyo's shoulder.

"Is she dating anyone, then?"

"Jihyo... it's not really my place. Me and the girls didn't like the way you ended things with her, but why don't you take this chance to talk to her and see whether you two still have a chance?" Jeongyeon encouraged. It's useless for Jihyo to stand there and ogle you. She might as well give Jihyo a slight push to talk to you instead of acting like a creep.

Your smile slowly faded away when you saw Jihyo approaching you. She had a nervous smile on her face even though she tried to look confident.

You were talking to Momo, but the taller woman excused herself when she realised who you were looking at.

"Hi," Jihyo greeted you first.

"Hi," you greeted back.

For a moment, that was it. Jihyo didn't know what to say to you and you had nothing to talk to Jihyo about. You decided to continue waiting to see if Jihyo would take the initiative to start a conversation.

And she did.

"I didn't know you'd be here."

"Chaeyoung invited me. It's her birthday party, I wanted her to be happy."

Jihyo let out a breath, "I missed you." Shit. Jihyo didn't know why she did that. She was only thinking it in her head but had accidentally said it out loud.

You scoffed at what Jihyo just said.

"What?" Jihyo asked with wide eyes.

"You don't get to say that, Jihyo."