future

You and Jihyo were cuddled up on the couch after finishing a romance movie. Jihyo sighed, dreamily.

"Whatcha thinkin'?" You asked, placing a kiss on Jihyo's temple.

Jihyo buried her face in the crook of your neck for a few moments before she looked up at you. "Just thinking about our future."

"Our future?" You raised a brow. You hadn't really talked about the future, well, because the two of you had been busy with your own works and have been spending more time with your families separately. "Paint me a picture?"

"Well, let's see. I'll retire and I'd propose to you, get married to you, we'd buy a house after house hunting for a few months, it'd be a house on a hilltop where it's quiet. We'd have a dog named Lavender and a cat named Daisy. As you know, I like to keep myself busy so I'd open up a farm and handle it myself. Sometimes our families will come up and stay with us, sometimes the girls will come and spend a few days with us and that's it. We live like this forever, happily ever after."

"That sounds really lovely." You placed a kiss on Jihyo's lips.

"What about you? What does our future look like to you?"

You were quick to shake your head which made Jihyo frown, "you know I like to live in the moment."

"You don't think about our future?"

"It's pointless to think about it when we don't know what could happen in the next minute."

"Oh, I'll tell you what will happen in the next minute if you don't explain yourself right now."

You sighed, you hate that you couldn't give Jihyo the answer that she wanted to hear.

"I don't believe in forever, okay? It's just not for me."

"So you don't think we'll last?"

"Of course I think we'll last... it's just who I am, okay? I prefer to live in the present and leave the future for the future."

"Glad to know you don't think we'll have a future together."

Jihyo got out of your embrace and left your apartment. You assumed she went to the company as the girls mentioned the night before they have practice this evening when you went to pick Jihyo up.

You dropped by the girls' practice room a few hours later with snacks that they like. You figured if the girls were around, Jihyo won't ignore you or walk away like she usually does when the two of you have an argument.

"Hey girls," you greeted the girls as soon as you entered the practice room.

Chaeyoung was the first to latch onto you, with Tzuyu close behind her. Dahyun hugged you as well and with the school meal club hogging you, Sana pulled them away.

"My turn!" Sana engulfed you in a hug, and soon, the others except Jihyo joined the hug.

"She's going to suffocate if you guys don't let her go," you heard Jihyo said from the corner of the practice room.

"Why aren't you greeting your girlfriend?" Mina walked over to Jihyo and pulled her over.

Jihyo refused to look at you, but you snaked an arm around her waist, pulling her close.

"I brought some snacks." You raised your free arm, showing them the bags of food.

"Let's go to the pantry!" Nayeon shot the others a knowing look, and they immediately got the hint and made themselves scarce.

When only you and Jihyo were left in the practice room, the tension was knee-deep and there was an uncomfortable silence.

Since you made Jihyo upset, it's only right that you broke the silence first.

"Can we talk?" You sat on the couch, patting the empty space next to you.

Jihyo nodded and sat next to you. She played with her fingers with her head hanging low.

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I don't think about the future. Whenever I start to daydream about the future, I stop myself. Because I know that if the future isn't what I dream of, I won't be okay with it. So I don't even want to think about it."

"Please at least tell me I'm in your future?" Jihyo looked at you with her adorable Jihyo puppy eyes and you couldn't help but feel your heart melting.

"You are my future, Jihyo." You pulled Jihyo into your embrace, her head against your chest. You placed a kiss on the top of her head.

You could feel your shirt being wet from Jihyo's tears and you didn't mind. You whispered, "We'll work towards our future together, 'kay?"

Jihyo nodded against your chest and you wiped her tears before you pulled your girlfriend to the pantry to join the girls for a snack break.