alone time

The first time you tried to tell Jihyo, you thought it wasn't the right time as they'd just finished filming a content. The girls were around and you didn't want to bring Jihyo's mood down.

The second time you tried to tell Jihyo, she was feeling down as she kept making mistakes during practice. She needed you to comfort her and be by her side.

The third time you tried to tell Jihyo, she gave you a surprise early anniversary celebration since she'd be working on the day of your anniversary. You thought it was a sweet moment and didn't want to ruin the atmosphere.

The fourth time, Jihyo found your packed luggage in the closet.

"Are you going somewhere?" Jihyo asked, you could tell she was starting to panic.

"Baby, it's not what you think. I'm not breaking up with you." Jihyo let out a breath and held her chest. You realised what a packed suitcase in the closet looked like. "I really need a break and some alone time, baby. Work has been draining and every time you are here you only talk about your work. I need to release some of these tension."

"So you're running away from me? Am I too much? Is my lifestyle too much for you to handle?" Jihyo ran a hand through her hair and bite her lower lip, trying to keep her tears at bay.

"No, no. I just need to go somewhere quiet where I can sunbathe, have some of those steak that I've been craving, read a book by the pool and have a glass of wine at the bar to end my day. I just need one day to myself."

"Can you at least tell me where you'll be?"

"So you can coincidentally drop by and spy on me?" You smiled, knowing that Jihyo doesn't like you to be far away from her and always found a chance to be near you.

"I'm not cheating on you, okay? Do you trust me?"

"I trust you." Jihyo said in a second, no hesitation.

"Good." You pulled Jihyo close and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

She pulled you into her chest, hugging you tight. Jihyo's hug felt like the safest place on earth and you wished you could stay like this forever.

"How long have you packed that suitcase?"

"This is the fourth time I've tried to tell you." You kissed Jihyo on her collarbone.

"I'm sorry I've been neglecting you. When we have another break from tour, I promise I'll spend it with you."

"Don't worry about that." You pulled away and kissed Jihyo tenderly.

Jihyo sent you to the nearest subway station and you promised to text her as soon as you are back.