(16)

Life is so unpredictable, what we think and plan... it's not necessary that it would happen like that only. It has been weeks now since Zaheer's demise and as everyone got affected from it ... Aini and Fakhir were who got the rough end of the stick.

Aini had been again trapped in her house till the end of forty-day period after her Bade Abbu's death. The only source of any information regarding school was her best friend, Zaiby; other than that, even the talk of her studies in the house caused an uproar from her Dadi and phupho. She felt lucky that even after so many holidays, pending assignments and homework... she was not chucked out of the school.

Fakhir on the other hand, was thrown into the unfamiliar world of accounts, business meetings and the intricacies of the cloth industry and instead of being out on the field, practicing for the upcoming tournament, he was navigating the complex route of family and business dynamics.

The situation would have been manageable if the elders of the house had been more thoughtful of their behaviour regarding them and their kids. Habib had turned a whole 180 degree, making it hard for Sameena and Fakhir to work with him.

A boy merely 16 years old with no experience of the outside world and his father's business... was now being challenged by his own family members for his rights.

________________________________________________________________________________

"What is wrong with Chachu?" Fakhir asked furiously as he threw the files on the bed "Why is he making all of this so difficult?"

Unwillingly Aini had became a figurative ping pong ball, tossed back and forth between her father and her husband because of the issues in the office. The situation created an intricate web of complications, making it increasingly challenging for her to convince both of them to spare her from the discussions of business.

She looked up at Fakhir who seemed very angry at the moment, which had become a routine for him whenever he came back home from office.

"What happened?" she asked him

"Faraz phupha and I waited for your Abba to come for the investor's meeting... for Two. Whole. Hours... We called him, messaged him.... But no, he didn't come." He took a deep breath to take a hold of his emotions. "And you know what... we lost the deal."

Aini looked at him shocked, but before she could say anything, Fakhir just stormed out of the room without any word.

________________________________________________________________________________

"My dad is already so angry because of the investor's issue that even I am avoiding any talk about that in the house." Amna told Fakhir

"I will come and apologize to uncle... but you know everything Amna, I couldn't do anything. Chachu didn't come and all the members present for the meeting thought that I am telling a joke to them." He said frustratingly, ruffling his hair now and then.

Amna looked at Fakhir with pity in her eyes, she was concerned for him but there was nothing else which she could do for his support. There has already been a discussion about her and Fakhir's friendship in her house and it seemed that her mother is right in some way or the other.

"And you know what... I had thought that Aini will understand me and stand with me; but no... aayi badi abba ki sagi." he said with a scowl

Amna sighed and replied "Why are you bringing her in all of this? Go and talk with your uncle directly... rather than Aini."

"Why not bring her in all of this? She is my wife... and even after knowing the truth; shouldn't she stand with me and support me, but whenever I try to talk with her... the conversation just seems to make no sense at all." he stated his point