(27)

Please, Read the chapter till the end...
_____________________________

Fakhir woke up the next morning to an empty bed, he looked around but she was not in the room only.
However, a gentle smile soon graced his face, recalling the cherished memories of the previous night.

. ____ .

Last night, after those heartfelt moments, they had changed and when Fakhir was about to pick up his pillow and move to the sofa, Aini had stopped him.

"Umm, Fakhir" she started, her voice tinged with uncertainty "I think, you can lay down here on the bed only"

"But, it's my day..."

"No, umm, I... I mean" she shifted at the one side of the bed, kept his pillow on the other side and patted on it, hoping he would get her message...

Yes, this was the only thing which both of them had been following diligently since their marriage. They had this unsaid agreement between them that even... if certain aspects hadn't unfolded as they wished , they can at least respect each other's space till the time they are really ready for any step forward in the distant future.

Little did they know that the distance between them would shorten with time, a development entirely unexpected from the initial circumstances that surrounded their forced marriage.

Fakhir looked at her shocked "Ar... are you sure?" he asked.

"Of course, I am" Aini stated "I trust you, n... not that I... I didn't before. But I think we have this understanding now and umm... and like, huh... if you don't want, it's fine... I..." she was stumbling with her own words, not able to convey exactly what she wanted to.

But it seemed that words didn't matter because Fakhir clearly understood everything.

He picked up two small cushions from the sofa, arranged them on the bed in a line and then settled down on his side

"So jao Aini, thak gayi ho tum" and he switched off the night lamp and got comfortable to sleep.

____________

He was still in his deep thoughts, when Aini entered the room with books in her hand.

"Fakhir...?" Aini called out

"Huh" he jerked back to reality

"Uth gaye tum?" she asked, after keeping away her things, and received a nod in reply.

"When did you wake up? and what were you doing?" he asked, while getting up from the bed and coming towards her

"I didn't sleep after Fajr and then I was with Badi-Ammi, helping her in some work and then got some studying done. It's ten in the morning now, come on get ready... then we'll have breakfast" Aini updated Fakhir about her morning

"You didn't have breakfast till now?" he asked, concerned

"No, wasn't feeling much hungry at that time. Tum uth gaye ho toh tumhare sath kar loon gi." She replied, as she stepped forward to make the bed.

Fakhir came and stood near her, and said "Hmm... sidhe sidhe ye kaho na, that you were waiting for me" and raised his eyebrow at her in an asking manner

Aini chuckled at that and stepped towards him... now making them stand with just a foot's distance in between "Fakhir sahab, itni khushfehmi na sehat ke liye acchi nahi hoti hai" and with that she pushed him towards the washroom.

The morning of the New Year really became a good morning with them laughing and teasing each other.

________________________________________________________________________________