18. A day before match

The next day everyone woke up fresher and happier than ever. All of them enjoyed their breakfast. They had a match the next day and so the practice session was optional. Some of the guys went to practice and some decided to stay inn.

Niya : You are staying back at the hotel?

Shubman : Yes

Niya : Great! I have to clean and manage my stuff. Join me and lend a helping hand 😌

Shubman : As you say ma'am.

The elevator opened and he gestured her to get in saying," After you ma'am".

(GREEN FLAG! GREEN FLAG!)

They were just running around the corridor, hands in hands. Pure bliss.

They went to Niya's room and Shubman helped her in arranging her files. Between that he found a paper. An old, yellowish looking paper with creases and folds on it. It seemed pretty old so it had to be opened very carefully or unless it would tear apart.
He opened it and saw it dated 18th Nov 2020.

Dear future boyfriend,

It's a letter from me to you! My dear future boyfriend! I hope you get to read this soon. Whosoever you are, I am waiting for you and I assume you might be waiting for me too maybe. Let's wish the day comes soon. Wherever you are I hope my words reach to you. I love you so much already. I can't wait to be with you. Walk hands in hands. Get your warm hugs. Be by your side. Anything and everything about you is all I am waiting for. My dear soulmate come soon please.

Niya : So it's finally read by the one whom it was meant for. Finally after so many years.

Shubman : Why are you so kind? So good? How can someone not fall for you! Saying this he hugged her. He turned on the speakers kept in the room and played a song.

Maybe it's the way you say my name
Maybe it's the way you play your game
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you

He took her hand and started dancing.

Niya : Shubhii I have to clean all of this mess.

Shubman : Fuck all of it. Dance with me now please!

And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine

He said these lines while looking into her eyes.

Cause I'm in the field of dandelions wishing on every one that you'd be mine, mine
I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile

She continued.

Wishing on dandelions all of the time
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine
Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time.

"I am yours already" Said Shubman

"Mine" Niya said affectionately

"Yours" He confirmed

I think that you are the one for me,
Cause it gets so hard to breathe
When you're looking at me, I've never felt so alive and free
When you're looking at me, I've never felt so happy.

Well each and every word of it is true said Niya and they ended their dance with a kiss.

Wait I've got something for you. He quickly went to his room and came with a small bag. He closed her eyes with one hand and opened his gift with the other. He took his hand off her eyes.

It was a pair of love bands. He took one and slid it onto her wrist slowly and carefully and she did the same.

Niya : It's so beautiful. I love it sooo sooo much Shubhi!! Thank Youuuu! You are the best!

Shubman : Thanks to you my sweetheart💕

He took a picture of it and kept it as his phone's wallpaper.

It just felt special to him. To them. He would be always with her even if not present physically.

Soon after they finished cleaning. Well it was a hell of a task.

Niya : I think you should spend some time with your jello baby now😂

Shubman : Yes... I think so too.

Shubman went to Ishan's room and spend the rest of the evening with him while Niya went to Rohirat's room. Well even if they had seperate rooms it was of no use. They were always together.

Niya : Bhaiisssss

Virat : Oh so somebody finally got some time off.

Rohit : Ya or else boyfriend is wayyy more important naa

Niya : Okay okay sorry na bhaiya. I'll spend time with you both now.

Virat : Yes. YOU HAVE TO

Rohit : No options

Niya : I dont even need an option. Do you guys know?

Rohirat : What?

Niya : That I love you both soo sooo much and that you are the best bhais ever.

Rohit : Awhhh! I love you too lil Sharma but why all of a sudden?

Virat : Yes exactly

Niya : Um.... I don't know. When I sit back and think I've never had an elder brother. Actually I don't have any brother. I always saw my friends and thought how lucky they were! But now that I have you guys with me! I feel so blessed. You care for me so much, you love me so much and I don't think I can ever return back all that to you. So I justed wanted to make sure you guys know how much you mean to me.

Virat : We are lucky to have you Niya! Such a caring little sister! I love you and this love will only grow stronger each minute each second.

Rohit : If you have any problem in your life ever you will always find us, your brothers, stading beside you, ALWAYS, THROUGH THICK AND THIN.

Rohit and Virat both hugged her and planted a forehead kiss. All three of them played FIFA for hours that evening and talked heartfully about the most random shit in their life.
They had to stop their banters and playing at the time of dinner. All of them went for dinner but the atmosphere was unusually tensed.
And why wouldn't it be. They lost their recent matches and their performances were below par.

Rohit : No need to take any kind of pressure boys. Just go out their and play your natural game. It would turn out to be the best. SMILE EVERYBODY SMILE! WHETHER WE WIN OR WE LOOSE WE HAVE TO SMILE!

Well the words from their Captain who was such a phenomenal player and senior of their team always eased the youngsters. And they surely smiled whole heartedly hearing the last part.

And on the good note everybody called it a night.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/n : Hope y'all like it. Do check out my new book MANIFESTED ONE. It's a Rohit Sharma fanfic on one of the demand.

Please vote and comment.💗

~Bye until next time