Flinch

Y/n pov:

   It was about 1 in the afternoon when I got a text from Matt. He was getting hungry and needed my help cooking. Matt is great at driving but I can't say the same about his cooking skills- I don't have my license yet but I only live like 3 blocks from their house so that wasn't a problem. I grabbed my phone me called Matt while I was walking over.

"Heyy I'm walking now but what did you have in mind for lunch?"

"I honestly have no idea but I tried to make pasta but I forgot about it and now I have a pot with crispy spaghetti."

" I can make spaghetti if that's what you want I make it for my mom all the time so that would be easy"

"Ok that sounds great I'll get the spaghetti out I'll see you in a minute. I love you!

"I love you more! See you in a sec:)"

      I turned the corner and walked up the street to their front door. I've known the triplets since we were little and I've been dating Matt for about a year now. Nick gave me a house key so I could get in if I needed to so I just went ahead and unlocked the door. "I'm here!" I shouted to Matt. "In the kitchen" he replied and I walked over to him. "Need some help with lunch Gordon Ramsey?" I chuckled. " think I'm just going to have to replace the other pot, that spaghetti isn't going anywhere"

. We chatted for a minute and then we got to cooking. By we I mean me, but Matt was watching trying to help here and there. Before I knew it the spaghetti was about ready to be strained. I looked over to Matt.he suddenly raised up his arms above my head and I didn't know what to do- you see my ex boyfriend Brett had been abusive, Matt was one of the only people who I had told about Brett's abuse. My arms quickly covered my head as I flinched. I heard Matt clap above my head- A  bug. It was just a bug. Matt then looked at me with a confused and hurt expression plastered across his face. "Y/n- you didn't think I- did you think I was going to hurt you love?" He said as his eyes started to well up. " I- it's just I thought- I'm sorry Matt. It was a reflex and I just didn't know what to do- I'm so sorry." I started to tear up and looked up at Matt. 

He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. "I'm so sorry pretty girl, I just want you to know that I would NEVER even think about harming you. You are my everything and I'm so sorry that he put you through that.". He is actually perfect," I don't know what I would do without you Matt. I love you." I said as I looked up at him. "I love you even more love".

Suddenly I heard sizzling and smelt something burning. I looked over at Matt and realized we had completely forgotten about the pasta. I couldn't help but laugh at our mistake. We giggled for a minute and then turned off the stove and got rid of the burnt spaghetti. "What do you say we just order DoorDash because I give up on cooking" I said. "McDonalds at chick fil a?" Matt giggled.