[5]: Bloody Past

————

Bugs are chirping and singing in the depth of the rainforest, It was just a while and the sun almost came to a time to set.

A wolf beast steps it way through the forest, The young self of Connor. His fur looks more white and he looks much smaller even his height only reaching 3'4 feet.

As the bush rustles, Connor quickly approach it, One of the soldiers from Akari's team pops out of the bush but as he saw the beast, He quickly get his handgun ready but.

SHRUK
He swings his claws forward, Slicing the soldier into pieces as bloods flows out of it body.

The soldier lifeless body slowly fell down as Connor step out of the way, He quickly continue his way through the forest.

Killing a people would be a crazy experience for a normal person but here, Everything is different.

Even the human who live here, The Malay-Indonesian people who venture onto this forest have to kill each other in such situation or even kill any other human who dare to step their foot on this forest to defend their land.

Connor hopped all around as he kept ventures onto the forest... But on the other side?

——————

"HIYAH!"
Akari yelled out as she spun her body around before delivering a hit on a log with her legs.

"That actually hurt..."
Akari complained as she falls into the ground, Another person laughed at her failure, Not in a  mocking way but rather in a good friendly rivalry.

"That's why You don't skip legs day."
The voice answers before a slight chuckle followed the sentence, He just can't kept laughing did he?

That voice is from a person, A teammate of Akari's, It was Danny's voice. He is one of the most reliable teammate when comes to hand to hand or what they said, 'Legs to Legs' Fighting.

"Not helpful..."
She scoffed and dusted off her clothes. She quickly came to stand before she walked onto the forest.

"Where'd You goin'?"
A voice asked, The captain's. Akari sighed.

"Breathing for some 'fresh' air, Smell so much cigarettes here."
Akari answered with a slight sarcasm as she glances onto the captain's cigarette, She then continue to take another step further onto the forest.

The bird instantly chirps and hum for her as she left the camping area, She continue to step her foot anywhere, Almost felling into a puddle of mud is one of the unluckiest moment she had before when she camp on the misty forest which now known as the Mistwood State but of course she won't let herself lost it again.

Shortly after a while, She stumbles upon a river, She quickly kneel to wash her face before she notice something on the bush.

It rustles, before something hops out of it. Akari quickly get her hand on her handgun on the belt, As she aims the gun onto the unsuspecting thing it came to...

She froze, It was a little wolf beast which was Connor, His friendly green eye quickly buy off all Akari's heart. Akari's hand trembles as she start to ponder... Shoot or not to shoot?