Chapter 4

Dominique smiled at her mother once she sat down at the table. Her mother had taken the 3-hour drive from New Orleans to Pensacola because they were supposed to go wedding dress shopping until Dominique told her what had been going on the past couple of days.

Monique Walker stared at her daughter, disappointed in what she was hearing."You can't let what happened between me and your father ruin what you and Jonathan have." Dominique rolled her eyes.

"Okay but why is everyone skipping over the fact of what he did to me!?" She was getting annoyed. Why was everyone making it seem like she was the only one at fault? Her mother placed her hand over hers in an attempt to calm Dominique down.

"Relax, Dominique. He apologized, yes?" Dominique nodded her head. "He's not just apologizing to apologize, he wants to get past this with you. He could've left and went to his mom's house but he didn't, he's apologized every day since it happened and you've been giving him a hard time."

"Okay he's apologized but that doesn't mean I have to accept it." Monique shook her head at her daughter.

"Don't be like me, Dominique. Don't let one tiny mistake be the downfall of y'all relationship and he's not the only one at fault. Sure he disrespected you but, you're not being honest with him about how you feel about marriage." Her mother squeezed her hand. "What you and Jonathan have is special, I would hate for y'all to break up because of something like this."

--------------------------------------------

Dominique entered their house and listened out for Jon. She knew that he was home because his truck was parked outside. She peeked inside his game room, saw that he was in there with his back turned to her, and quickly ducked out so that he wouldn't see her. Knowing that he would be occupied for the next couple of hours she decided to start working on her apology dinner.

After getting told off by Ishana and her mom, Dominique realized how she was in the wrong just as much as he was. She was almost done cooking when he came out of his game room and walked into the kitchen.

"Smells good." He said as he walked over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water.

"Thank you. It's almost done if you're ready to eat." He nodded his head and walked to the bathroom to wash his hands. When he came back she had already shared their plates and set them on the table. He sat down across from her and started to eat.

They didn't talk while they were eating but they kept sneaking glances at each other. They had been together for 4 years, he knew that this was an apology dinner. He was just waiting for her to apologize and to see what she was apologizing for.

Once they were finished, He cleaned up their plates from the table. Once he was done cleaning the dishes he turned and leaned against the sink and folded his arms.

"Thanks, dinner was good." He said and she nodded her head. He stood there waiting for her to say something, when she didn't he went to walk out of the kitchen but she grabbed his arm stopping him.

"Wait." She cleared her throat and smoothed out her dress. "I wanna talk to you." When he nodded his head, she led him back over to the table so they could sit.

"Wassup?" He asked. His heart was pounding. He knew that this was the end of them. She was about to break up with him for good.

She sat across from him and grabbed his hand, lacing their fingers together. "I love you. You know that right?" She asked looking into his eyes and Jon sucked in a breath, she was about to break his heart. He nodded so she continued.

"Yeah, and I love you too." She smiled and licked her lips before continuing. She hesitated a bit and Jon squeezed her hand.

"You can talk to me, Dom." She nodded again.

"Okay." She let out a deep breath. "I'm scared, Jon. I want to marry you. I wouldn't have accepted your proposal if I didn't." She paused and took a deep breath. "You know my parents are divorced and my grandparents and now my brother is going through a divorce. What if we get married and things start to fall apart? What if you realize that you don't want me anymore. Or find someone better than me." She looked at their linked fingers, not wanting to meet his eyes. Jon stared at her like she had three heads.

He unlinked their fingers so he could grab her chin and tilt her head up. "Dominique, I could never not want you. You the total package. And things won't fall apart, shit has been rough between us for the past couple of months but I haven't given up. I'm still here fighting for you, for us."

"But what if-" He cut her off, shaking his head.

"There is no what if Dominique. Things are not going to fall apart, no offense but, your mom said herself that she never wanted to marry your dad and that's not the case with us. I wanna marry you and you wanna marry me right?" She nodded. "So then that's all we need to worry about. Me and you. Nobody else."

"But what if a situation like the club happens again then what?" Jon sighed and grabbed her hand pulling her out her chair so she was now sitting on his lap.

"That's never, ever going to happen and I mean it. That whole situation was a misunderstanding. On everyone's part. Yes I gave her my phone, which was so fuckin stupid of me but I never had any intention of calling, texting none of that. I deleted her contact as soon as I woke up the next morning. Then she tripped and fell on my lap, I wasn't even thinking I just grabbed her so she wouldn't fall." He said, not breaking eye contact with her. He wanted her to know that he wasn't lying.

"And the kiss?' She whispered.

"It happened so fast Dom, I didn't have time to push her away when she leaned in. I wouldn't do that to you." She bit her lip as she stared into his eyes. She knew that he was telling the truth. And honestly she was still scared of being married but her love for Jon outweighed her fear.

"I love you." She said again before placing a kiss on his lips. "Can I show you something?" She asked, getting up off his lap before he could say anything. She walked into the living room to get her LV tote bag and grabbed a binder out of it. She came back in the kitchen and sat back down on his lap.

"What's that?" He asked, looking down at the binder she just placed on the table.

"I went out with my mom earlier and she basically told me to get my head out of my ass. So that's what this is." She turned her head to look at him and laughed at his confused face. "It's a wedding planner, Jon. See look." She said as she flipped to the page she was working on with her mom. "I already picked out my top choices of flowers and centerpieces. Oh and me and mom went to look at dresses."

Jon had the biggest smile on his face, this was what he meant when he said he needed more from her.

"Oh, and I was thinking of a destination wedding. So that we could get away, I know that's what the honeymoon is supposed to be for but I always wanted to go to Greece and a wedding in Greece would be so beautiful." She said as she flipped through the binder.

"If you wanna have the wedding in Greece that's where we'll have the wedding."