𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆

~☆~

~☆~

My heart was racing. Back against the wet brick wall, I peeked around the corner, seeing shadows flicker on the walls. The voices of multiple men yelling orders frantically.

"Find her! Don't let her get away!"

Seeing one of them look down the alley I was in, I quickly moved back and looked down the alley.

"Fuckin' dead end" I whispered. Seeing a dim light above a door a bit away, I ran to it. Pulling on the door, it was locked, kicking the door. I kept moving, constantly looking over my shoulder. Relief washed over me as I saw another alley, wasting no time in running down it, I saw an open window on my left. Jus6 out of my reach, I grabbed a couple of boxes and used them as steps to get inside.

Once inside, I shut it and locked it. Stepping back slowly, I waited. A couple minutes passed when I could see the men running by. Quickly ducking down, I sat on the floor and scooted away. Since i had been outside in the poring rain, the coolness started to seep into my body, making me instantly cold.

Looking around, I realized I was in some kind of warehouse. Shelves lined the walls, with random scattered tables with stuff all over them. Getting up, I dusted myself off and walked up to the nearest table. Picking up whatever was in front of me, I examined it. It didn't help that it was too dark to see anything, so I put it down.

Seeing multiple doors, I picked the closet one and opened it. On the other side was a hall, with more doors connecting to it. Unsure if I should explore them, I shut the door. Moving onto the next one, it led to a room, something you'd see in a work break room, a couch, a small table, a mini TV, and a counter with a cupboard above it. Making a mental note on the couch, I moved on.

The other doors held no interest, but the last one had a set of stairs that led to what seemed like a basement. Using my pen light, I made my way downstairs. The old wooden stairs creaked as I went down. The odd drips of water could be heard. Looking around, I saw the far walls and floor to ceiling shelves, little with random items that were covered in dust.

Walking by them, I looked at every object, taking mental notes at anything that peeked my interest. Hearing a noise behind me. I swung sround, flashing the light in every direction. Seeing nothing but pipework, I sighed.

𝑮𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒙 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍...

Continuing my little exploration, I moved on, a small hall connected this room to another, with a small entryway, I ducked down to get in. Looking around, I noticed how large it was.

"What's up with this random room... seems unnecessary to me..." I said to myself as I examined more items on the shelves. Looking up, I noticed a small window. Seeing that I led to the street, I smiled.