Five - Desiree (The princess)

I sat there in shock for a good twenty seconds, before I wordlessly pointed at the twin sun's. "What..?" Kain spun and followed my eyes. Ty lifted his head.

We were all silent for a while, until Kain snorted, turned around and three of his scratched jackets, placing it onto the ground a few feet away from us and plinking himself down on it. "Alright", he said mildly. "Time to take a breath. This seems as good as anywhere."

It seemed pretty safe; Behind us was the long, high, red wall of the rock. The only opening was from the path we took and it lay a good bit away and in plain sight. The shrubs on the hillside made for pretty good cover and should anything come out of the forest, we would see it and probably hear it too, as the grounds below the hills where muddy.

"Let's make camp", said Kain and, on light feet, he jogged down towards the forest.

"Want me to come with you?",. I offered. "Stay with Ty", he scoffed back. Then his tall, slim figure disappeared between the dark of the woods. No second thoughts.

"That guy really is fearless, right?", croaked Ty next to me. He almost smiled under his tormented grimace.

"Or reckless. Or overestimating himself. Or just an overall tool.", I said dryly and now Ty really laughed. Then he isntantly flinched, the corners of his mouth turning down. "Ow"

"Want me to take a look?", I asked.

He breathed through his nose, then shrugged and took off his forest green jacket, tossing it to the ground behind us. It looked like it was a big deal to take it off. He ached and groaned. Then he turned towards me with his other side and I sucked in a breath at the view of his arm.

"That needs to be set back where it belongs", I said

His face grew paler.

"Don't worry", I said, trying to look as reassuring as I could. "I've watched someone do this before."

Right. Back when Aron tried out for gymnastics in fifth grade and our house doctor did it. I had mostly hidden behind the couch while it happened but Ty didn't need to know that.

"Right", he said and I positioned myself on his other side.

"Ready?", I asked, my heart beating to my chin, the veins in my neck pulsating. I imagined the arm how it was supposed to be. The shoulder blade, the bone. This was actually one of those 'do not try at home'situations but I had no other choice. And with the way he had reacted about Ty's injury before, I doubted that Kain knew how to set an arm.

"Are you sure you've done this before becaus... Ah-ow" His yelp surely pierced the whole forest in front of us, But his arm sat in place. I stepped back, a little shocked with myself. Then I allowed myself to breath again. "It worked", I said, stepping back.

"Uh-huh" Now his face looked kind of green.

"You know it's okay if you need to vomit..."

He didn't wait for me to give him permission. He bent over to the side and emptied his stomach over the grass.

"Well", said Kain, coming back from the forest. "That's gross."

"Longfort", I said roughly and he shrugged, dropping a pile of direwood to my left.

"So what's down there?", I asked, nodding towards the forest and turning my back to Ty, giving him time to be sick in peace. "Deadly creatures? Food? Drinkable water, by any chance? A cure for your attitude?" If we didn't find something to wet our throats soon, this would end quickly even without toothy beasts in sights.