Seventeen

They dragged me out of the throne hall.

Across the hall, I saw Kain struggle, his eyes widening as he saw that they were leading me away.. Joon was kept in check by multiple guards and prince Jain just stood there, a slime Ile on his lios, as I was led away. The last thing I could see before I was pulled into a dim corridor outside the throne hall, was how they let Kain of the chain and how he ran fist first into the prince.

I was led down several grey halls, down a few pairs of steps and finally pushed into a dusty feel, metal doors squeaking shut behind me.

"No!" I rushed towards the door, rattling it, but the huge bundle of gilden keys had already turned the key to my prison around and I called after the bulky Syren guards, as they salked away, leaving me alone in the dark stone cell. It was all built into rock, with only the metal grid door letting in air. There were multiple other cells next to me but all of them were empty. The hallway in front of my cell was dimly lit by a blue flame lantern and I could see a stool in one corner and steps behind the open archway that led to the bigger corridor upstairs.

I groaned and slammed my fists against the rock walls. Nothing even shook. This place was massive as hell.

I wouldn't try to scream. I already knew nobody would come, let alone let me out. How had this even happened?

Frustrated, I messed up my own hair with my hands and kicked the floor. I looked around the relatively spacious cell and saw a stone bench at one wall - don't tell me this was going to be my bed - and a bucket with water in one corner.

I sighed, crouched down next to the bucket and dipped a finger into it. Then I licked the finger, testing the waters taste. Drinkable water, clean. I sucked a few big sips of water out of the bucket and the vertigo decrease slightly. Still, I felt exhausted.

I slipped down on the bench and heard Kains faraway cry.