Thirteen - Black Knives Royalty

Outside, we passed a broad bridge over the canal and Joon took the lead and led us down between dark brick houses and busy people in black outfits.

"They aren't really staring. Even though I'm a stranger.", I noted. "Have many visitors over here?"

"We've learnt toind our own business", commented Joon. He lifted down the road, towards a high wall behind yet another canal. Light strings hung over the street, more fireflies rushed by. The lit the palace that looked up behind the walls.

"Wow", I said. "It's an actual palace."

It had towers and anothet bridge leading up to it.

"Joon", a slim Black Knives with brunette hair said, when we arrived at the gate in front of the bridge. He opened a small side door. "Come in."

Joon nodded at him and we passed. Then we took the side walk on the bride. In the middle of the street, elephant like white creatures were pulling carts and actual the same horse creatures that I had first seen Joon and the other Inquisitors on, walked here with their owners.

"Silas won't have much time for us", said Joon, grabbing an apple like fruit from a bowl and taking a big bite. The woman who carried the bowls just smiled fondly at him. I had a feeling he was known around here.

"How do you know the king?", I asked.

Joon shrugged. "I've done him a favor or two. Right now he really has his hands full with Orion threats so we shouldn't strapatize his friendliness too much. Let's go in and out."

The palace was built around a garden with water works. The huge wooden wheels squeaked and splashed in the middle. A maid led us up the massive stairs to the throne hall.

It was chalk white, with reflective floors, Tom's of columns to both sides and a long row of windows looked out over tye underground city in the back.

The throne was made of pure gold, earth gold from the looks of it and the king sat there over a bunch of scrolls. When we came, he beckoned a finger to one of the servants and the young man quickly rolled up the scrolls.

"Joon", said king Silas while barely looking up. "I already told you you are not to visit the Vaye."

Vaye? I shot a glance at Joon but he had his eyes straight at the king. "I'm not here about the Vaye, sir. It looks like our friends from earth finally decided to get back in contact. Although they have a strange way if showing it, may I add."

King Silas face instantly changed from bored to alarmed and he jumped up. His eyes finally landed on me.

He was a middle aged man with deep folds in his weather beaten face. His eyes were washed out blue and brunette curls curled around his angular jaw. "What are you saying?", he said.

Joon pointed at me. "Masie here and a few other kids - we don't know how many - have been dropped on the Syren's second realm, after they were tested for ACID. they seem to be a code Black although there is no information on what this means. They might have Oryon DNA though."

"Wait..." I was shocked at how openly he told the king about those details. I had trusted him with it. I didn't know if I wanted the Black Knives king to know about my apparent freakishness. His washed out, jeans blue eyes bore through me like he was scanning my entire being. His expression was still alarmed.

"I have no symptoms", I quickly threw in.

"We think they might be successful Orion transfers and that the government placed them here to see if they could take on the Syren."

"But as of now, they just seem like normal kids", Vhick threw in respectfully. Next to Joon and Vhick, Zack was biting his cheek, apparently holding back from saying something himself