Sixteen - Syrenith, Capital of the Syren

It wasn't long after we came out of the burned ground and the ashes slowly made way for white dirt. Everything was white white here. Tye trees, the plants. It was cool to, but not so that one would shiver.

Their capital city Syrenith was surrounded by a huge silver metal wall and a gate of ivory stood open behind a drawbridge.

"Whoa" I flinched back into Joon as a massive, white fish turned in the waters under the bridge.

"You probably shouldn't go swim in thee", said Joon. "Those are Kanu-Fish. They have very sharp teeth."

"They are huge", I said. "Like sharks."

One of them jumoed out into the air, splashed a ton of water, pirouetted, and plonked back down into the artificial river.

"Don't get to close to the eater", concluded Joon.

Syren were everywhere. Their mystical red arrows fell into my eye. Their sleek, white wardrobes, their silky, long white hair, the white rings around their pupils. They were staring at us from all sides, as we rode through their midst. Their gazes held no thing like aversion or aggression. They looked completely emotionless.

Jonny rode up the drawbridge and a huge guard in shimmery white suit held out his spear with flaming blue and white tip. I stared at the flame, hypnotized. Was this magic? Alien magic. I was intrigued. . "Stay still!", the guard ordered us.

"Knight", said Joon politely. "We come on royal duty!" He held out the scroll that had been maltreated by Prince Kor's... Or knight Kor's iron fist.

The guard let us pass and I looked around in awe.

Huge, white skyscrapers rose high up into the air, glittering in the sparkly sunlight. More sleek and architecturally impressive than anything I could have ever seen on planet earth.

The streets were two times broader than on earth and flawlessly white. People were riding around on grey and white Chamil horses who all looked like Jia. Apparently, the white fur and silvery mane were a clear signs that a hoarse belonged here.
The Syren were tall, slim, elegant people. I'm between I saw the huge and hunky warriors in their blue outfits, the same ones that had been in the Syrens campsite in the Glimmers. But they were a minority. Mist people here looked human... Except for the White rings around their pupils.

I looked around and saw the doors on a building swing open.

It was a long white block with multiple rows of columns. Black Spikes surrounded the roof.

A woman in a white dress came out and greeted a passing men with a slim golden strap across his toga. I watched them converse for a while. They seemed to communicate quietly, in a bell light tone, with that flowing, melodious Syren accent.

Their movements were calculated and graceful. It was easy to see on one glance, that we were dealing with a highly elegant alien species. In comparison, even the mist refined humans seemed absurdly plump and graceless.

A man with a white walking stick and red triangles dangling from his wrists led Joon and me through the city and towards the palace.

The palace was huge, completely ivory and had a out fifty towers.

We were led inside and after passing hall for hall, we left Joon's horse back in one if the court yards and they finally led us into the main throne room. There were five glowing white thrones of marble stone. Only one of them was occupied, second from the left.

It was the same blonde guy I had seen in the Glimmers. Apparently he was here now.

I exchanged a glance with Joon.

"Jain", he whispered.

As we stepped up the glorious white steps toward sthe throne I could see - and I could not believe it - one very human looking fighre standing behind the throne.

He had cuffs on his hands and they had blessed the dark haired one with ductape over his mouth - I wondered why - and I don't think I ever felt this happy to see someone."Oh my God", I stumbled forward. "What...!"

It really was Kain.