-05-

Itadori was next on the stand.

"Mr.Yuji, can you give us a brief summary of how your day was on the day that Imoki died?"

"Well, I went to work, I was there all day, and I didn't get home until around four, which is the time I always get off on Wednesdays."

"So why would Ms.Kugisaki lie about the time you got home?"

The young man shrugged his shoulders.

"I have no idea."

"What time during the day would Imoki would have her bottle?"

"Around five every day."

"And were you the one that made Imoki's bottle that day?"

"I did. Since Nobara is a stay at home mother and she looked tired as she always does, I decided to help her with Imoki like I always do. Whether it be changing diapers or playing."

"Have you and Kugisaki ever had trouble taking care of Imoki?"

"Not at all. But Nobara made it known to me that she doesn't like to be stuck at home and taking care of Imoki. She said it was too much to handle, hence why I helped her whenever I got the chance."

"No further questions."

Y/N was next. "Mr.Yuji, you mentioned that you would come home around four every Wednesday, is that correct?"

"Correct."

"And the time you came home, you said you took Imoki off of Kugisaki's back, correct?"

"Correct."

"And after you did that and had fed Imoki, she went to sleep...correct?" There was silence. Nobara looked over at Megumi, but he looked unfazed at the opening he made for Y/N.

Was it a trap? What was he up to?

Megumi's eyes drift to Megumi, and the boy simply nodded as a way to tell Yuji that it was okay to answer.

"No. She and I watched Barbie as Nobara finished dinner." Nice save. Was all Nobara could think of.

"What time did she finish?"

"Around five."

"And after that, what did you do?"

"Objection relevance."

"Sustained."

"Nobara took a shower and bathed Imoki off, dressed her, and rocked her to bed, and I showered after."

"Now you mentioned earlier that Kugisaki is usually tired, hence why you help her whenever you get the chance to. Do you know why she could be so tired all off the time?"

"No?"

"Well, it's quite obvious. Ms.Kugisaki is a stay at home mother taking care of a newborn and the house. I myself would be tired if I had to get up during the night to my infants cries to feed them. But that didn't happen that night now did it?"

"Objection leading."

"Overrule."

"Did it, Mr.Yuji?"

"Yes."

"No, it couldn't have because after Imoki was put to bed, she died. You said so yourself that you found her dead the next morning. The only reason why Kugisaki was still asleep was because she was simply tired and needed sleep. I'm sure if Imoki had cried that night, Ms.Kugisaki would be the one to blame, right? And why not wake Ms.Kugisaki the moment you saw that Imoki was dead?"