18.

🎶 Now playing: Slow Down by VanJess featuring Lucky Daye.

Antonio sighed in relief after unlocking the door to Reign's apartment and quickly placed the food on the counter. To think it had only been a little over three months since they met and so much had happened already was the only thought weighing him down.

"Hey," She spoke softly. It looked like she'd just come out of the shower when she tightened her silk robe, champagne in colour. Antonio walked over to her to embrace her warmly.

After the encounter she'd witnessed between Antonio and Justine, she had other plans that didn't include talking. Obliviously, sweeping the pending conversation under the rug meant another set of unraveling chaos in store for them. To her, she felt the need to show Antonio that he wouldn't need Justine anymore. "You smell really good," Antonio commented with his hands still on the small of her back. He gave her a few pecks, appreciating the homey feeling she always brought. "Hungry? I brought some food."

"Not really. I got my results so I'm feeling celebratory..." she teased as she swayed side to side with her hands on his neck. She quickly informed him that she'd passed the semester with distinctions and a wide smile appeared on his face. He hugged and kissed her once again to congratulate her.

The little moment died down once Antonio initiated the conversation, "I'm sorry for being somber, I know you said you wanted to talk. I feel like there's a lot I need to explain on my side as well and-" he paused when he saw Reign repulse a bit. "You good? You need water or something?"

She nodded repeatedly, "I'm okay. I've just been feeling a little lightheaded and fatigued lately..." she said. Antonio tilted his head and gave her a look, forcing his mind not to come up with all the different scenarios. "I can take you to the doctor to get checked out. Is that what you wanted to talk about?"

Reign took a step back followed by a deep breath before revealing what was under her robe. "I thought maybe... our bodies could do the talking."

Justine's antics at the shop sparked her sudden need to get intimate with Antonio instead of talking things out. She felt the need to naively prove herself to him, as if it were worth that much at all...

~

Riley cleared her throat for the thousandth time tonight. They'd settled on a girl's night out with some drinks. Justine was already lit, dancing sensually with a few people. Riley forced a smile on her face once she returned to sit down.

"You've been down all night, what's up with you?" Justine genuinely asked as she fixed her corset top.

If anything, Riley was conflicted. Justine was her long time best friend who currently disliked Reign because she was dating her ex... and here she was trying to investigate a personal matter. It wasn't the time, nor the place.

"Yo, who is that Reign girl really?" Small stirs of her bright drink accompanied the question.

Justine shook her head in annoyance as she sipped on her drink casually, "Are we really going to talk about Antonio's new girl? You clearly aren't drunk enough." She spoke. Riley bit her lip anxiously at the feeling that was rumbling in her gut. "All I'm saying is, if she tries to play smart and ruin our money making system... I will retaliate." Justine firmly spoke against her glass of wine before putting it to her lips.