2

Okay, Maeve had to admit, maybe Arthur did beat her in chess. She was rusty after all, it'd been months since she'd actually played and even back then she wasn't exactly good. She didn't even know how to checkmate. Arthur claimed to have gone easy on her after they had finished playing to which she rolled her eyes, she'd seen the way his face was fixed on his screen scanning through his mind for what move to play. She knew he struggled, at least a little bit. 

Everyone else's songs had gone tragically which Maeve found unsurprising, Chris's attempt at 'Girls just wanna have fun' would scar her for years to come. Everyone watching seemed to enjoy it though but that was more so because of the boys embarrassing themselves than their singing abilities. 

It was the next day, Saturday, and Maeve was back behind the bar as the head of house. Due to it only being midday, there wasn't many people at the pub. The odd family sat at one of the tables dotted across the floor, enjoying their food and chatting amongst themselves. Maeve, with little else to do, began scrolling through her notifications. 

ArthurTV has followed you

Smiling to herself, Maeve swiped across and was taken to their DM's. They read; 

yesterday . 17:16 

Careless whisper, Say my name, She moves in her own way, S&M, American Boy, 9 to 5

today . 11:32

Hello Maeve, sorry again about last night and all the people that came. The video should be out later today if you want to watch it! :D

don't worry arthur it was good for business lol. i'll watch later if u like, god knows u lot need the views

Rude! But yes, give us your view pls

anything for my favourite youtubers😉

Why plural, you can only have one favourite and its me

ok fine u got me 

Are you working again today?

yea, why? 

We're filming the football video today instead, wondering if we'd be seeing you after for a pint

maybe if ur lucky ill still be on shift 

read

Truth be told, Maeve was nervous to watch the video. And no it wasn't just because she'd have to listen to her own voice as she sung (though that was partially to blame), it was mainly because it was embarrassing. She was just some stranger who'd randomly shown up and decided that it was her time to get cosy with peoples favourite youtuber whom she'd never even heard of before last night. To her he was some guy she'd met at the pub but to them he was so much more. 

It was scary, that was probably a better word to use than embarrassing.

Scary because she wanted to be liked, not just by his fans but Arthur himself. 

But as it neared time for the video to release, a knock sounded on the counter in front of her making Maeve look up. Sure enough a grinning Arthur stood before her, his face damp with sweat as his hair lay limply across his forehead. 

"You look hot." Maeve announced whilst turning around to get him a cold glass full of ice, causing Arthur to splutter in confusion.

"I mean warm Arthur."