11

Maeve and Chris were collected mere moment after they landed from their 1 hour 45 minute flight and whisked off in a taxi, that George had pre-emptively booked for them, to where they would be staying. 

Maeve grinned out the window, their journey there was mainly dark, illuminated by the occasional street lamp or shop when they were in the more populated areas. However at most times she could barely see anything outside the confines of their car and only the trundle of tires along with the crunch of snow as they moved could be heard. 

Chris was excited too, clinging onto her arm as he giddily checked google maps to see how far it would be until they'd arrive. 

For the whole plane ride there, Maeve had wished she'd never decided to sit beside him and she was now positive she'd do anything within her power to stop the same from happening on the way back.

She loved Chris, but he was insufferable when it came to how frequently he'd shake her awake or simply bother her in general in order to ask a stupid question that neither of them would have the answer to. Before they'd even set off he'd asked if she knew what the power of the engines on the airplane were and been confused when she couldn't tell him, from that moment she'd realised it was going to be a very long flight.

Yet she couldn't help but smile back at him now as they pulled into the ski-resort and he practically squealed with overwhelming joy. Bright lights flooded into their car from all the individual chalets, hotels and bars and lit up their excited faces as they impatiently waited for their stop. 

After what felt like an eternity of driving, they finally pulled up outside the chateau in which they were staying. The van stopped and the pair fumbled around in the backseats to collect their belongings, Chris hastily jumping out the door and holding it open whilst she followed behind.

Suddenly snowballs came raining down from above, hitting them both across their heads as they tried to cover themselves with whatever possible. Maeve shrieked as one hit her shoulder and exploded into a flurry of snow in her hair, the cold ice melting at the touch of her warm cheeks. Chris took the lead, grabbing her arm and using his coat to shelter the two of them from the never ending bombing of snow whilst they rushed up the driveway and into porch. 

"Oh my God!" She giggled, wiping the pieces of hair that had become stuck to her face as Chris glanced over at her with a shake of his head and a grin. 

"I shouldn't have told them we were pulling up." He sighed causing Maeve to let out a snort.

"You don't say." 

Just then as Chris locked up behind them, the boys came thumping down the stairs, pushing one another out the way. Realising Chris wasn't finishing any time soon as he fumbled with the endless keys to find which one locked the door, Maeve left his side and bound over to them with open arms. 

George met her halfway as he mimicked her actions by leaping across the room towards her, jumping into her arms with a cackle as she tried to spin him around. Harry gave her an awkward smile which Maeve reciprocated before pulling him in for a hug as well, his laughter shaking them as she squeezed his body tightly. 

Will welcomed her in for one too whilst messing up her hair with a grin as she looked up at him after pulling away from his arms. 

"Missed you." He nudged her side making her pout. 

"Aw Will, I missed you too mate." She chuckled and threw him a quick glance before turning to the man she'd been dreading seeing. 

"Hey Maeve." Arthur smiled and nodded down at her, "You alright?"