5

It was the night of the party and it was safe to say Maeve was shitting herself. She'd been told by Josh that the party was being held at Georges with the help of Arthur Hill setting everything up after Chris hadn't even realised it was Georges birthday. Maeve wondered who thought it was a good idea to surprise a jetlagged, irritable and tired George as soon as he got home from the Airport after a long flight since whoever it was, she loved them for it. Yet she was currently wondering how, now as she stood in the living room, Chris had been oblivious to the celebration occurring in his house. Large banners had been hung on the walls reading 'Happy birthday George' along with a big blue '24' balloon with his face printed on the side of it. I mean, could it have been more obvious? 

"Bad eyesight." He shrugged when Maeve had asked which had made her laugh since it was hard to miss the sight of Georges grinning face plastered all around the house. Chip had even thought it'd be hilarious to print small versions of the picture of him and put them on every wine glass, beer bottle and packet of food. But for some strange reason he'd assumed Maeve would just do it for him after he'd brought up the idea so now they were just left with a good 100 copies of George. He'd replied that they could give them out as a treat in a goodie bag when she'd asked what he was intending on doing with them. 

"Oh yeah right, the goodie bags that we don't have. Are those the ones that you mean?" 

"What, we don't have goodie bags?!" He exclaimed in shock at her statement. 

"Are you five Josh? Obviously we haven't bought goodie bags." 

"Someone say goodie bags?" Stephen asked as he came wandering into the living room where they were stood arguing. Maeve sighed in defeat and collapsed back onto the sofa whilst Stephen looked around the room taking in the sight of the decorations and the pile of Georges face on the floor. 

"Is it just me who's got a hard on right now?" He asked in a way that sounded a little too serious for Maeve's liking. 

"To be fair I'm bricked too." She answered and he gave her a high five in response. 

"Can't blame you George is pretty handsome." Josh sighed. 

"I'd smash." Maeve added which made him hit her arm in disgust. 

"Oh, you two were on about George? I was hard because of the picture of Chris' cat on the mantle piece but to each their own." Stephen laughed quietly, unable to contain himself even at his own joke. Maeve only rolled her eyes, distracted by the night ahead. That was until she realised what Stephen was eating.

"Don't you dare tell me you're eating the cake I spent hours making for Georges party tonight. Hours." She seethed, staring him dead in the eyes as he stopped with the fork held up to his mouth that was slack wide open. 

"I'm not eating the cake you spent hours making for Georges party tonight." He replied with a gulp. 

"Okay, thank God." She laughed and let out a sigh of relief. 

"But..."

"I don't like where this is going." Josh huffed, trying to hide his smile behind his hands. 

"Just speaking hypothetically..." 

"Stephen." Maeve warned.

"Let's say that the cake you made was that chocolate one sat on the counter." Stephen giggled nervously, licking away the crumbs that were acting as evidence by sticking to the corner of his lips. 

"You're dead mate." Josh chuckled, giving him a harsh pat on the back as he got to his feet and walked out the room, "Wouldn't want to be you right now."