CHAPTER 4: WE MEET AGAIN

AMELIA P.O.V
The next morning, I woke up early to prepare for the interview. I got ready carefully, parking my hair in two messy buns. I applied a light layer of makeup, wanting to look professional but not overdone. I chose an outfit that accentuated my curves and made me feel confident. I looked in the mirror and took a deep breath. I could do this. I was going to nail the interview.

My stomach was a mess of nerves, but I pushed through it. I gathered my things and headed out the door, ready to make my dreams come true.

DENZEL P.O.V
"Let them in, one by one," I said, trying to sound professional.

The first interviewer walked in, her head covered by a long, flowing scarf. I was taken aback. This was not a church. I wasn't sure what to make of this person. I tried to remain composed, but I could feel my pulse quickening.

She took the seat across from me, and I picked up her file to review her resume. As I read through it, I couldn't help but shake my head. There was no way she was a good fit for the job.

"I'm sorry, We can't accept you for this position."

The woman's face fell. "Why not?" she asked

"It's not about your qualifications or experience, It's just that your attire is not appropriate for an office setting."

The woman stood up, looking angry and humiliated, and stormed out of the room. The next candidate walked in, and I was pleasantly surprised by her professional

appearance. But as soon as she opened her mouth to speak, my hopes were dashed.

"Oh my god, did you even brush your teeth this morning?I can smell your breath from here."I yelled

"I did, sir," the woman said, her voice trembling.

"I'm afraid that's not good enough, It's clear that you're not a good fit for this position. I'm sorry, but I can't offer you the job."

The woman looked like she was about to burst into tears. I felt a pang of guilt, but I knew I had to stay strong. I had a company to run, and I couldn't let anyone derail my mission.

As the third woman entered the room, I was struck by her beauty. She was dressed impeccably and carried herself with confidence. But then, she too reached out and touched me in a way that made me uncomfortable.

"What the heck is going on here? Get out of my office, now!"I yelled

"I'm sorry, sir," the woman said, her voice trembling.

"That's not good enough," I said, standing up from my chair. I went to the sink and washed my hands, feeling disgusted by the whole ordeal.

I turned to the woman and said, "I appreciate you coming in for the interview, but I'm afraid I can't offer you the job. Thank you for your time."

I was relieved when she finally left, and I could breathe a sigh of relief.

"Francis," I called out, and my assistant immediately came running into my office.

"Yes, boss?" he asked, breathless.

"Let everyone go home," I said, waving my hand dismissively.

"But, boss, there's still one person left for the interview."

I was about to tell him to send them home, too, when I noticed the name on the resume. "Amelia Earhart?"

"Yes, boss,"

"Okay then , send her in"

AMELIA P.O.V
I had almost given up hope when I heard my name being called.

"Amelia Earhart, come in," Francis, said. I took a deep breath and entered the office, feeling nervous but determined.

"Good morning, sir," I said, my voice trembling slightly.

"Miss Earhart,we meet again"he said, a smile spreading across his face.

My heart sank as I recognized the man sitting in front of me. It was Denzel Washington, my former fiancé. He was the last person I had expected to see here. I felt my bag slip from my hand and fall to the floor with a thud. My heart was racing, and I felt like I might pass out.

"Denzel," I stammered, unable to believe what was happening..............