CHAPTER 6 : YOUR OUTFIT

AMELIA P.O.V
I woke up the next morning with a strange feeling in my gut. As I stood in front of the mirror, getting ready for work, I couldn't shake the sense that something wasn't right about this job. I couldn't figure out why, but I knew that there must be a reason Denzel had given it to me. Something was definitely off.

I applied my makeup and pulled my hair back into two messy buns, leaving a few strands loose in front. I wore a light, casual makeup look and a classy yet sophisticated outfit that accentuated my curves and shape.

I looked in the mirror and smiled at my reflection. I felt confident and ready to take on the day.

I grabbed my things and headed my room

"Good morning, Mum," I said as I entered the kitchen.

"Good morning, sweetie, " my mother, Kate, replied

"What of Eve?"

"She's already gone to school," Mum said, bustling around the kitchen. "She was in a rush this morning."

I grabbed a piece of toast and slathered it with butter. "I have to head out soon myself," I said, glancing at the clock. "I have a big day at work."

"Good luck, dear" she said

I rushed out of the house, grabbing a taxi to take me to work. As I approached the company building, I noticed people staring at me. I was used to it by now - my job was unusual, and I often drew attention when I went out in public. But today, I didn't care. I just wanted to get to work and get started on my day.

Just as I was settling in, Francis, approached me.

"The boss wants to see you in his office,"

I got up and followed him down the hall, my heart pounding in my chest. I had no idea what Denzel wanted to see me about, but I knew it couldn't be good.

When we reached his office, I knocked on the door. "Come in," he called out. I took a deep breath and stepped inside.

"Good morning, sir," I said

Just as he was about to speak, he looked up at me and his eyes widened. "What are you wearing?" he asked

I was taken aback by his question. "Clothes?"

"Are you trying to seduce all my male employees?, Because if that's your plan, it won't work."

"Sir, I'm not trying to seduce anyone,"

"Save it, Amelia, I know what you're up to. You're a manipulative liar, and you're trying to use your looks to get what you want. Well, it's not going to work."

I felt a lump in my throat. I had never been so insulted in my life. I opened my mouth to speak, but I couldn't find the words.

"You know what, Amelia," he said, leaning forward in his chair. "In this company, we have a dress code, and we expect all employees to dress decently and appropriately. If you can't follow the dress code, there will be consequences. For now, I'm going to deduct your pay for today."

I was stunned. I had never been reprimanded like this before, and I couldn't believe he was actually going to dock my pay. I felt tears stinging my eyes, but I refused to let them fall.

"Yes, sir, I'll make sure to dress appropriately from now on." I said, forcing myself to sound composed

He nodded, seeming satisfied with my response. "Good, Now, let's get back to business."

I took a deep breath and tried to focus on the work at hand. But I couldn't shake the feeling of hurt and humiliation.......