CHAPTER 17: WTF

DENZEL P.O.V.
My mom had asked me to come see her, and I had a pretty good idea why. She wanted to talk to me about the marriage arrangement between me and Ivy. I was not interested in Ivy, and I was dreading this conversation.

"Good morning," I said as my mom emerged from her room.

She hugged me and gave me a peck on the cheek. "It's so good to see you, my darling," she said.

"Let's get straight to the point,I know you're running late for work."

"Don't worry, Mom,I'm the CEO of my company. I can make my own hours."

"I smell pride," Snow said from the kitchen, and she walked out, a smirk on her face.

"Why aren't you at school?" I asked, confused.

"It's not time for school yet," she said, settling down on the couch next to me.

"Denzel,As I was saying, Ivy has finally decided on a wedding date. And she told me that you said you have no interest in going through with it."my mum said

"Mom, it's not that I don't want to get married,I just need more time to think about it. It's a big decision."

"You're not getting any younger, Denzel,I want to see my grandchildren before I die."

"Mom, you're not going to die,But you have to be patient with me. I'm just not interested in marriage right now, or even girls."

My mom looked at me, her face a mask of disbelief. "You're telling me you're gay? Is this because of that demon who broke your heart?"

I sighed, exasperated. "Mom, it's not like that,I'm not gay. It's just..." I trailed off

"Mom, the thing is, he still have feelings for Amelia,And the worst part is that he hired her as his secretary at the office. Can you believe that, Mom?"Snow said

My mom let out a gasp of disbelief. "You're kidding me,will you hired that bitch Why on earth would you  do that, Denzel?"

"Mom, she's not a bitch,Her name is Amelia"

"Now you're defending her, I knew from the day you hired her as your secretary that something would happen. I knew she would charm you again."snow said

"Just stop, Snow,You have no right to talk to me like that."

"She has every right to talk to you like that, Denzel," my mom said

"Mom, did you call me here so that Snow could insult me and talk to me however she wanted?" I asked

"It's not like that, bro,I just wanted to give you some advice."

I stood up, my fists clenched. "Well, thanks for the advice, Mom,I have to get to work now."

I stormed out the door and got in my car, starting the engine and speeding off in anger. As I drove, I couldn't stop the tears from streaming down my face.

"Why am I crying?" I yelled at no one in particular. "Why? This is so annoying and frustrating."

AMELIA P.O.V
I woke up late the next morning, not wanting to go to the office early. I was still feeling angry at Denzel

"You're not going to work today?" Sophia asked

"Of course I am," I said, getting out of bed and walking into the living room. Sophia followed me, her eyes full of worry.

"You didn't tell me what happened last night,You came home and you didn't go back to your place. What happened?"

"Diego broke up with me," I said