Chapter 9 || Episode 4 Part 2

"Bring the girl out, Bellamy!" Murphy screams from outside the tent Bellamy, Charlotte, Finn, and I were hiding in. We ran inside here, trying to hide Charlotte before Murphy could get her. I glance outside to see an impatient Murphy pacing around.

"Why, Charlotte?" I ask her.

"I was just trying to slay my demons, like Bellamy said." I whip my head up from Charlotte to Bellamy as he looks bewildered by what she said.

"What is she talking about?" Bellamy looks between me and Charlotte trying to explain.

"She- She misunderstood me," Bellamy explains looking more confused than ever before. He turns Charlotte to face him as he leans down to her level. "Charlotte, that is not what I meant." Bellamy clarified.

"Bring the girl out, now!" Murphy ordered. I place one hand on my temples and the other on my hip as I feel my heart almost pound of out my body. I had no clue what we could do.

"Please, don't let them hurt me," Charlotte begs Bellamy. Bellamy turns himself back to me and Finn.

"If you guys have any bright ideas, speak up," Bellamy tells us.

"I don't know, but we can't let Murphy get her. He'll be ten times more brutal with her than they were to him." I comment.

"Thanks for stating the obvious, Princess." Bellamy groans. I huff as I move my hand from my forehead to my stomach. I felt nauseous and like I couldn't breathe. I was out of any ideas on how to protect this girl.

"Those are your boys out there," Finn states leaning his hands on his knees.

"This is not my fault. If she had listened to me, those idiots would still be building the wall." Bellamy accused me. All I wanted was for Wells's killer to be confronted, not hung for everyone to watch like it was the 1800s.

"You wanna build a society, Princess? Let's build a society, bring her out!" Murphy continues to demand.

"No, please, Karsten, Bellamy!" Charlotte looked between the two of us. I glanced at Bellamy as I got on her level and grabbed her arms.

"They are not going to get you," I informed her. She nodded her head as Bellamy bent down beside her and turned her body towards him.

"Look, just stay with them, Okay?" He reassured her as Charlotte nodded her head. I stand up and grab Charlotte forcing her closer to Finn, but not leaving my spot close to Bellamy. I stare at him as he looks outside and then back inside the tent.

"What are we gonna do?" I whisper, stepping closer to him. I stare up at him as he avoids all eye contact until he starts speaking.

"We're going to keep her out of Murphy's reach. Go out the backside of the tent and run as far as you can. Don't stop. I'll distract Murphy." I let out a big exhale as I looked at Charlotte. I turn back to Bellamy forgetting how close he was to me.

"Okay," I start, but there is nothing left to say. I stare at Bellamy as he nods his head at me, exiting the tent. "Come on, it's now or never," I say as I grab my pack and Charlotte, rushing her outside the tent. We run off behind the tents ducking down from sight. I hear the muttering of Murphy and Bellamy as we get closer to an opening. As we're about to exit, I hear Octavia scream, I stop and look behind me as I hear Murphy call for Charlotte. Charlotte looks up at me in fear.

"Charlotte, I know, you can hear me!" Murphy screams from the other side of the camp. "I will find you and you will pay!"

"Finn, where are we going? It's gonna get dark soon. Just tell me you have a plan." We had been walking for ages and it felt like we were going nowhere. Finn was leading with Charlotte behind me.