TVR - 02

JINITYA

His words, ‘beautiful’ affected me, one word, my life of years, not once blessed to hear, I stared at the strange man, who randomly exhibited at my door, impaired my husband for my sake, and his feet have brought him once again to my threshold.

I spoke my revulsion, “Hazar chutkulo ki aashrey ke sahare diye hai zamane ne, insaan ke pairo mai, kisi ki gumchot aapke liye mazak kaise hosakta hai?”
(Thousands of jokes are graced in human hosts. How can my trauma be funny for you)

He blinked jerking his head sideways before footing fast pace towards me and suddenly bringing his hand towards my face, I jerked my head back.
“Chand ko mukammal karna hai? Ek baar chu lene do?”
The words were they mocking?

But why are his eyes glittering when he is looking at me, why are his lips not pulled into laughter, to call me hideous and unnerving?
Why am I not horrifying him?

If Naresh was here, he would have hurt this man for his actions, surely this strange man would have won. His hand was still in the air, he wanted to touch my face.
My half burnt, face, one that's rotten, that is eye sore if stared too long? Why is he gazing at me, unblinking? 

I raised my hand and slapped it sideways, my daughter crying in my arms now, “Shush...Aayatee! Don't cry, baby don't cry!” I said, my eyes slanting down at her before returning when she ceased.

He was still ogling at me. “Naresh isn't here, please come later!” I said and started to stride ahead of him so I could usher him out of my brink, but he didn't move even when I stepped closer.

Isn't he nauseated by me?
I wondered again, putting forward my approach. But he simply just smiled, his eyes finding Aayatee, my seventh month's daughter, in my arms, whom I was playing with, before the entry of this strange man.

He dropped his hand, “I am commander-in-chief of Rajputs,” He informed casually before he sank his head on Aayatee's level. “Is this your daughter? What's her name?” he disregarded my call to dispose and rather tried to converse with me.

“Neither Naresh nor Mukul is here, you should leave. If someone saw you, they would raise questions on your character!” I said to remind him of the place he was standing.
The fact is nobody would second glance because everyone in the village knows I am the ugly wife of Naresh.

He extended his hand, “Can I ?” He asked for Aayatee and I stared at him, dazed by his behaviour.
Is he deaf? Maybe he is? I gestured, holding my mangal sutra, “He is not here,” I shook my head with my hand shaking along my head.

And he ended up chuckling, “I am not deaf!” He is crazy.
He lifted a brow flinching his hand forward. I opened my mouth, but he took her.

My daughter looked at his shiny chain with beads, holding onto it immediately, attracted by his glitter and he just looked at her. “She only looks like you! Nothing like your buffalo husband!” He complimented and demeaned Naresh.

I reacted to neither, too startled by his behaviour. She caught his chain in her hand, and I had to leap to untie her hand, or she would break expensive jewellery, and Naresh would find out, and he would get mad again.

“What does Aayatee mean?” He asked me, while I tried to undo the hand, he genuinely bent down to let me snatch, given he was 6 feet 4-5 most likely.

Bringing his face closer to mine, he allowed me to undo Aayatee's hand Looking at me and then her,
She won't let go, “It means arrival.” I said and pulled her hand unjustly and he caught me.

I jumped in surprise, my eyes widened, he held my wrist, ducked his head removed his golden beaded chain and kept it in Aayatee's hand, through my hand.
“It's hers now.” I blinked, every moment he startled me further deeper, I snatched my hand.