2.Decision-Maker

Aayat woke up early the next morning,it was her first day in her newly married life and no matter if this wedding was abrupt and the groom ran away and she had to marry her brother in law,she knew she was supposed to act like a doting daughter in law in front of her in law's.

She took her clothes and went to take a bath and get ready for the day.She came out of the bathroom wearing a red saree,the gold and black beaded mangalsutra still laying around her neck.She could see her husband who was awake by now and was rubbing his face.

She didn't react and went to get ready.She was applying vermillion in between her hair partition when she saw him walking towards the bed.He sat on the bed and gently shook the lil girl trying to wake her up.She looked at the clock and realised it was just 6:30 am in the morning.

"Iti beta uth jaiye,school ke liye late ho jayengi aap"He said in his morning voice and she didn't know but a shiver passed through her spine hearing his gruff voice.

"Iti uthiye chaliye,hum bhi late ho jayenge aapki wajah se nhi toh"He said and gently caressed her lil face with his palm.

The lil girl rolled over the bed,he sighed and picked her in his arms and walked towards the bathroom.He came out and went towards the closet to get a towel and her school dress.

He again went into the bathroom.Both of them brushed their teeth together and then he gave her a bath and changed her clothes in the bathroom itself and carried her back into the room in his arms.

"Aap yaha bethkr cartoon dekhiye hum bhi nahakr aate h,phir naashta karenge"He said patting her head and the lil girl nodded.

"Okay papa"She said and Aayat's eyes widened in shock.

Why did this lil girl called him her papa?

Was he really her father??

Where was her mother then?

Was he a divorcee??

Maybe that's why he agreed to get married to her on the spot,did he wanted a mother for his daughter that's why he married her???

She kept staring at the lil girl who too looked at her,she didn't knew what to say to her or if she should even ask her something,maybe she should talk to her husband about it.

She firstly decided to go downstairs and make breakfast and then have a conversation with her husband post breakfast because her conversation wasn't going to be short.

She was too confused with all this.She didn't knew anything about her husband and now she just heard a lil girl calling him papa.

She went downstairs and met her mother in law who smiled looking at her,she bend down to touch her feet.

"Khush rahiye"Her mother in law said.

"Aaj aapki peheli rasoi h,kuch mitha banayega"Her mother in law said kindly and Aayat nodded and followed her into the kitchen.

She prepared a sweet dish as instructed and it was kheer,she even prepared breakfast for the family and set up the dining table.She waited till everyone came downstairs and touched the feets of the elders.

"Chaliye shuru krte h"Dadisa said and Aayat gave a confused look to her mother in law because her husband hadn't arrived yet and they were starting without him.

"Aayat beta aap yeh kheer Hriday ke liye apne kamre mein hi lekr chali jaiye"Her mother in law said and she nodded but was confused with the odd request,he would come downstairs to have his breakfast at the end,why take it upstairs.

She took two bowls because there were two people in their room.She went towards her room and when she entered inside she saw her husband sitting on the chair kept against the kitchen counter having his breakfast along with that lil girl.