Chapter 8.

Amira K

Amira K. Sanders

First person pov:

I was in the library doing some work for English. Imani was supposed to come meet me, but then she cancelled on me last minute. I put my airpods in listening to "Sorrows" by Bryson Tillers. I've always been naturally good when it came to ELA. But I will be honest the writing proportions have been getting harder over the years. All of a sudden my left airpod was yanked out of my ear. I look up about to go off, but then I saw it was Paige.

"Paige what is wrong with you?"

"I was walking down the hall when I saw you in here"

"and?"

"and I thought that I should come bother you"

"well it's working"

"Good. How you been? I haven't seen you in a hot minute"

"You saw me yesterday."

"I know that was like 24 hours ago too long"

I didn't say anything back. Now you may be like "Damn Amari why are you being rude?" I'm not. This is normal for us. This is literally how 85% of our interactions go and she still comes back. She grabs my left hand and starts fidgeting with my fingers. I look at her to give her a look and see she has my airpod in her ear. I know not. I snatch my hand from her and she snatches it back.

"Paige."

"Ma'am"

"I'm trying to do my work"

"Then do it."

"I'm trying to"

"Well try harder"

"You're so aggravating"

"Only for you"

"I literally hate you"

She smiles. Why is she smiling? I have no clue.

"No you don't"

"I do"

"you do not"

"uh huh"

"nuh uh"

"I'm done you got it"

"I know I got it"

"Okay now you're pushing it"

She grabs my phone.

"What are you doing?"

She puts it up to my face and it unlocks. She takes some pictures, posts one to my story, then has the audacity to go through my camera roll, chooses a picture, then tells me I should post it.

"Well damn you might as well post it yourself"

"I will"

I sigh and go back to my work. Somebody needs to come get they child.

officially.amari has posted on their story!

officially.amari.                                                 ...