Chapter 22.

Amari K

Amari K. Sanders

First person pov:

I was at basketball practice. Coach Geno was not playing with us today. He made us run. Now don't get me wrong we run everyday. But today it was extreme. I was out of breath panting like a damn dog. I rested my hand on my knees bending over.

"Damn" I said under my breath.

"Tired?" Asked Nika coming up from behind me with my water bottle.

"Not yet I just gotta catch my breath." I said rising up grabbing my bottle from her.

She chuckled. Coach Geno gave us five minutes of relaxation before announcing we were gonna be spilt into teams and play against each other. Oh I'm gonna sleep good when I get home. Team one was Paige, Aaliyah, Aubrey, Ice, Ashlynn, and Coraline. Team two was Nika, Azzi, Kk, Inês, Jana and me. We got on our positions on the court. Geno blew the whistle. I watched a Nika started to dribble down the court. I kept a steady pace waiting for the perfect moment to steal the ball. Our defense started to close up on her. I saw her glance at Ice who was open and near the net. I started to back away from Nika. She was going to pass the ball. Inês noticed this too and started backing away. Just then Nika looked like she was gonna pass the ball over defense, towards Paige, but instead she swerved around them passing it Ice. Ice caught the ball and jumped releasing it. It would have made it in, but I quickly leaped blocking it.

"Damn I just got blocked by Amari. I might fold." Said Ice jokingly causing everyone to laugh.

I know had the ball. Paige was in front of me. She's quick. I passed the ball to Azzi, who passed it to Kk. With a flick of Kk's wrist the ball went in.

"Thats what I'm talking about!" Exclaimed Kk banging her chest.

We ended up tied. 23-23. Geno could tell we were getting worn out so he didn't push the game. After practice I was walking out with Paige and Azzi.

"We would have won" said Paige.

"Nuh uh" Argued Azzi.

"Yeah huh"

"Nuh huh

"Yeah huh"

"Y'all are childish" I said grinning.

They really are.

Paige pushed open the door revealing none other than Harper. Here we go.

"Hey Paige. Hey Azzi" she said completely ignoring my existence.

Azzi didn't say anything just mugged her.

"What do you want Harper?" Asked Paige clearly annoyed.

It's crazy how someone can go from being happy to the complete opposite in seconds all due to someone being present.