8. Race

Edited.

Her words seemed implicit to him as he stood there, trying to decipher the hidden meaning behind her cryptic messages.

The sudden commencement of the race took him off-guard, and in the heat of the moment, he lost all sense of reason and grabbed the steering wheel.

Without giving it any thought, he wrenched up the car and accelerated, leaving a trail of dust behind him.

As the race ensued, the spectators erupted in cheers, each rooting for their preferred driver.

The black car, driven by Karv, seemed to garner an extraordinary amount of support from the crowd.

The red car, driven by his rival, came in between them, attempting to tangle Karv and hinder his progress. But Karv, driven by sheer determination, surpassed the red car, leaving it in the dust.

Suddenly, a man's head popped out from the window of the red car, attempting to gain an advantage over Karv using cheap strategies.

Unfazed by the man's attempts, Karv calmly maneuvered his car, ignoring the provocation. Behind the scenes, there was a screen to observe the race, hidden from the public's eyes.

Karv was well aware of this, and he knew he had to remain composed despite the distractions.

As time flew by, Karv reached the final stretch and crossed the finish line first. The crowd erupted in thunderous applause, cheering for his victory.

Exhausted from the adrenaline rush, Karv stepped out of the car, only to be embraced tightly by his friend Nia.

However, Karv, still caught up in the thrill of the race, pushed her off, not enjoying the sudden display of affection.

"You actually spared us!" Nia exclaimed, her voice filled with gratitude. "We owe you this victory," added Dhruv, another friend of Karv's.

Karv knew this was coming; his friends were always getting into troublesome situations. He glared at Dhruv, silently warning him not to take advantage of the situation.

"Actually, it was Dhruv who made a bet with Ravinash," Nia blurted out, unable to keep the secret any longer.

"If we had lost, he would have made us do all sorts of inept things, and we wouldn't have been able to do the same to him. He's a cunning individual," she continued, her eyes filled with a mix of admiration and annoyance.

Karv's gaze intensified, directed right at Dhruv, who attempted to hide his face, but it was too late. Karv delivered a swift punch to Dhruv's back, expressing his disappointment.

"Now that everything is sorted, should we head to the club?" Dhruv exclaimed, trying to lighten the mood. However, Nia shook her head, clearly not interested in any further celebrations.