escape

I always isolated myself when things got worse.
It wasn't because I didn't trust people enough
that they'd be there for me,
it was because I've been proven wrong way too many times.
I turned my back towards the storm,
wore a smile,
and pretended to be okay.
When in reality,
I wanted to be free.
I wanted to run.
Not knowing where I was headed to.
I just wanted an escape.
But my body is so exhausted,
that I want at least my soul to be free.

***

PS (just a lil life update): Hey readers, I know I haven't been posting as much here, as I used to before. I want to explore my writing in the 'love/romantic' side, and I have been writing stuff in that genre. I am posting those on 'Poems about love.'
Also, your sister has successfully passed her first year of med school, and one month of the second year. It has been crazy since the second year started, with all of the clinical subjects and interacting with patients. I am trying my best to learn as much as I can, within my limits.
About the first year results, I've scored way more than what I expected, but my high functional anxiety isn't happy with what I've earned. But I am dealing with it as well as I can.

Plus, I needed to thank you all for an overwhelming response on 'trapped in my own head' when it made it to the #1 of poetry. Thank you so much. Your love and support has really been amazing.