6 : 'I'm still here, loving you silently'

CHAPTER 6

VIVIANA KNIGHT

I know I am a duffer.

I am an idiot.

I am a complete lost cause.

I should've said no to him but I couldn't. I just couldn't. I mean it's Xavier. I couldn't say no to him.

So here we are at McDonalds with burgers, fries and coke. My favourite place. I love McD burgers. In fact I love everything here.

We waited for our order, I was looking outside the glass window. I am not usually so quiet but he is never interested in talking to me so I decided to remain silent.

"Did I say something to offend you?" He questioned suddenly.

I shook my head in confusion.

"Then why are you quiet?"

"You want me to talk?" I asked.

"Will be better than this awkward silence."

I chuckled "Okay, what do you want me to say?"

"About yourself."

"I am quite impressed Mr. Quinn, this you is new to me."

"Why?"

"Because this you ask questions about me and not just talk about himself."

He smiled "But this you is not new to me, always a taunt."

I shrugged "You deserve it. I don't like taunting people but you are an exception."

He placed his hand on his chest and slightly held his head down, bowing in front of me "I'm honoured."

"Wasn't a compliment."

"I'll take it as one, Ms. Knight."

I couldn't help but blush. It felt so good, I can't express what I was feeling. This is the first time we are having a face-to-face normal conversation.

At the same time our orders arrived.

"So, tell me about you."

I started "I am from Boston studying here in New York. My Dad got transferred to Seattle when I was 10. Since then I have been staying with my Mumma. She is an amazing woman and my life. That's all about me.... And yes I love burgers."

He smiled, staring at me.

I picked up my burger and took a bite from it.

"You love eating, don't you?"

I nodded excitedly, "Food is life. Like for you, the gym is life."

He chuckled and shook his head while having his burger. I closed my eyes, enjoying the meal.

"Can I ask something?" He said, making me look at him from my food.

I nodded.

"Why did you text me but avoid me in the class?"

That made me pause eating. When my eyes met his gaze, his eyes were searching for answers.

I placed my burger down and hesitated a bit before answering "I thought you wouldn't talk to me. And I tried to ask for notes just to start a conversation but you just used to answer me and turn back to do your work. You never gave me the chance to ask you random questions."

But before he could say anything else I continued my complaints "And you were even running away from me after two days of me poking you and asking you questions."