36 : She fell first, but he fell harder.

CHAPTER 36

VIVIANA QUINN

Since it was the weekend, I spent my day doing nothing in my room. When it was 6 in the evening, I decided to go out for a while.

As I reached the living room all dressed up, a question appeared "Where you going?"

I stopped and looked at Xavier "Out for a walk."

He thought something for a while then closed his laptop and stood up from the couch "I'll go with you."

I crossed my arms over my chest "Oh, why Mr. Bodyguard?"

"Want to relax my mind." He wore a hoodie and came towards me "A lot has been going." We left the house.

We were walking together. I was in the right side, meaning side of the vehicles.

"I want to buy a few things." I said.

He nodded.

"By the way, what colours do you like?"

"Colours?" He asked.

"I'll give you 3 options... purple, red, yellow."

"Black." He replied but for some reason his focus was not on what I was saying, he was distracted by someone or something.

I looked back to find someone whom he might be looking at but couldn't find anyone.

"But black wasn't an option."

Black cannot be there. I mean the wall colours are a mixture of black and grey.

"No. Black is not an option. Choose among the colours I asked you to."

He slowed down his speed suddenly, letting me walk forward and went my right. I was at first confused then when he switched sides I realised what has been bothering him for so long.

That made me smile.

He knows it well that I am clumsy and me not concentrating on the road was bothering him. So he put me to the safe side.

"So what were you saying?" He asked. This time I had all the attention.

I pretended not to notice what he tried to do.

"Colour you like among purple, yellow and red."

"None."

"I wanna know one."

Suddenly he held my hand to move to the other side of the road. I showed him the store. And we successfully crossed the road.

I was looking at the lights that might look good with black and grey. He didn't tell the answer to my question so I took the responsibility myself to get a perfect match. I looked in his direction, he was on his phone.

I sighed and resumed my search.

"With black and grey, blue can be considered a good choice." My eyes widened and I turned to look at Xavier.

He shrugged and went to the lights section, collected a few yellow lights and blue lights.

"H-How did you know?" He got me by surprise.

I mean I have the key of that room all the time. I protect it by my life. There is no chance he could've entered the room.

He put the lights in the shopping case and said "Just a few observations."

Does he know what I am doing?

He was already ahead, looking here and there at things. I ran to him.