29 : "Silly me, thinking you cared."

CHAPTER 29

VIVIANA QUINN

It felt like my legs were carrying me automatically. I forgot everything. Why are we getting married? I forgot that this marriage is not out of love.

Why is everything just like I wanted?

He remembers all of it. Weren't you supposed to hurt me, Xavier? What are you doing?

I walked down the aisle with Dad. Xavier extended his hand towards me. Dad placed my hand on his "I cannot ask you to take care of my daughter because I know you wouldn't but for a year, try being less ruthless to her. She is innocent."

Xavier pulled me up. I looked at the crowd Abby, Margot and Delaney were there. I raised my hand lightly at them. All of them were so excited.

"Hope it's like your dream wedding." Xavier whispered in my ears before standing back straight.

Yep it is. Exactly like I wished.

The decor. Not too many people. Him in all black. Me in white.

I don't know how he managed to do everything in just two days but he did fulfil all my wishes except one... which was to marry a guy who would actually love me and not use me for his needs.

The priest started with the vows. I fixed my eyes on Xavier, he had a smile on his lips.... a genuine smile as if this wedding was so real and he was going to treat me like a princess.

"Stop eye-fucking him." A voice came from behind me. Rey.

I whispered back "Is this your manners? Cursing in front of Jesus. Bad. Bad."

"Bitch."

"Curse number 2. Language Stark." I joked.

"Oh Sure Captain." She replied, chuckling.

I tried to stop myself from giggling and looked back at Xavier, his brows were raised as if he was asking me why I was giggling. I stuck my tongue at him to which he smirked, shaking his head.

The priest started "Do you Viviana Knight take Xavier Quinn as your lawful husband?"

As if I have an option.

I thought to myself, if I say no what can go wrong? Well everything. He will bring my family down. Already, he has made Dad's life hell.

But, I do not want this marriage. I do not. Every part of me shivers even at the thought of him being a part of my life.

"Do you Viviana Knight take Xavier Quinn as your lawful husband?" The priest repeated.

Xavier was staring at me with something in those eyes, I don't know what it was but it was different from the calm and confident Xavier.

"I do." I answered.

"Do you Xavier Quinn take Viviana Knight as your lawful wife?"

It didn't even take him a minute to answer it. With eyes fixed on me, he replied "I do."

"I now pronounce you man and wife. May God bless you two. Now you may kiss the bride." The priest announced.

All our friends from the crowd cheered. Okay, it is awkward. Our families hate each other and we are gonna kiss... great!

Xavier took a few steps towards me, Rey pushed me towards him. He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me closer. His other hand cupped my face.

My heart will pop out. "W-We shouldn't. Our families are here and they hate each other."

His hand moved up from my waist to my bare back "I am not letting this chance of kissing you slide."