𝟢𝟢𝟤,𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐬

CH. TWO
┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

Sleeping isn't a success. She didn't plan to do it in Newt's squeaky bed anyways, but even if she would try, she couldn't. There's too many thoughts and theories her mind is making up, keeping her awake.

Unsafe or not, she will go explore at night when everyone else is, hopefully, asleep. Perhaps check those walls out to see if she can escape before anything bad happens.

So there she goes, moving through the grass as quietly as possible. It's not hard, since there's loud snoring coming out of a weird mess of wood in the distance, some kind of building that looks like it got built by three-year-olds.

The girl walks over to the walls. Standing there, under them, makes her realize they're really enormous. Even if she'd multiply in ten people, stack them on top of each other, and try to reach the top, she'd only make it to half of the wall.

She checks everything on the walls she can reach. From feeling if there's a loose stone to hoping something will eventually open and let her out of this hell. But nope. There's nothing.

By the time she finishes looking, the sky is less dark and she knows she'll have to worry if she wants to get away from these stinking boys.

Her eyes fall on the trees in the distance. Woods. Not giant woods, but big enough to hide in and tall trees to climb in.

It sounds dumb. Weak. Weird. But anything to get away from whatever amount of boys are here.

She can't trust them. Not even Newt, who seems kind. You never know.

Little wet drops rest on leaves and the smell of a fresh morning is honestly awesome, yet it doesn't overtop her fright, unsureness, curiosity, and a million other things.

Choosing what to do is hard, though. She can't hide here forever with no food and nothing to entertain herself with. Staying on her own doesn't sound hard, she doesn't need a lot of socializing, but the rest will be an issue.

Steal at night? No. Unless the boys are perverts, she isn't going to steal. And what if she finds out they're actually kind? Would she live with them, then?

She'd like an explanation, at least. That, and then flee? Overhear some boys?

The options are endless. Eventually, she chooses to just spend the day in a tree... ridiculous.

But there's a big one with enough branches to take a hold on right in front of her. She can't pass the opportunity. It's too good, and the trunk is so big that she'll be quite comfortable up there.

Climbing up, she grunts at the pain in her wrist. It's blue and a bit swollen by now. Every movements hurts.

But she ignores it and asks herself the next question. What do I look like? Long hair for sure. It's in a low ponytail. Dark blue jeans that sit a bit wide around her legs, but not in a way that makes it seem like that's how it's supposed to be. Nope, they're just too big.

A light pink top with sleeves as thin as spaghetti, but, to her satisfaction, a white jacket covers half of her torso. Sadly, dirt has already ruined it. She must look like crap.

Then it's just sitting still, and she realizes it's almost as bad as in that elevator. Yay!

It takes three, maybe more, hours for voices to get closer. She can't feel her butt by now, let alone resist the urge to just walk up to Newt and command an explanation.

...which he was already planning to give.

Whatever, can't always obey.

"You know you can't believe whatever Minho says unless it's about The Maze," a male voice.