𝟢𝟣𝟢,𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬

CH. TEN
┗━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┛

"Yup. There you go. And then you can either let this soak for a few days, boil it, or already squeeze it out," she explains to the Greenie. "I've figured out it's better to let this soak, but you've only got one day with me so I suggest we squeeze it out already."

He came up two days ago. Remembered his name, Jack, when Gally threw him out of the Box so violently. In that moment, when he barely seemed sorry for smacking the kid on the ground as if he was an object, Joan felt like punching that awful face, except Camil, of course, stopped her.

"Alright." Jack nods. He seems around fourteen years old, with brown hair that's swept across his forehead.

They're making lavender oil. To drop in bed sheets, massage with, or anything that has to do with calming things.

In the past month, she has finished her closet. Unfortunately, Alby didn't allow her to stack it against the Maze walls, so she did it against her hut, which Gally says will be finished tomorrow.

In there, there's Mason jars, (dried) flowers, oils she asked the Box for, handmade tools she needs for herself, and wood. It's pretty nice to have her own real thing.

Now, first Greenie training and she's lucky this kid is kind, careful, and obeys to the things she says. Who knows what jackass will come up next time?

Tonight, bonfire. Alby explained that the Greenie sometimes is so scared, like Jack (and maybe her), that they hold the bonfire two days after their arrival. That's the case here.

"So, interested in any of the jobs you've tried so far?" She wonders.

He shrugs. "This is nice because there's no annoying boys. And the kitchen was also great."

Joan nods in approval, holding a grin back. "Well, I wouldn't mind some company, so let me know if you want me to have a good word about ya."

After taking a shower, getting dressed into something nicer than her usual dirty clothes, because she always manages to get herself covered in mud at the end of the day, Joan enters the Bonfire.

Boys are already fighting, drinking, laughing, and dancing. Honestly, after a whole month, Joan has gotten used to it already. The boys (most of them) soon stopped staring at her, and Alby has learned to give up on trying to keep her and Camil... calm.

First, the haircut she got, then Camil spilled lemonade on clean clothes and blamed Joan for it, who then blamed Gally, and there's been an uncountable amount of times in which they had to run away, except Joan once only remembered Camil can't run when she reached the other side of the Glade, and he was wheeling for his life as Alby yelled some angry crap because Joan put her red shirt in the white laundry, and somewhat Alby's whole closet was in there, too.

She chuckles at the memory.

"You." Ben points a finger at her.

She plops down next to him. "Me. What did I do?"

"You stole our Runnie Undies!" Minho yelps.

"...your what?"

"We asked the Box for comfortable underwear the second we found out the cheap ones didn't work while running, and you've stolen them!"

"Why would I steal your Runnie Undies?" She laughs out loud. "You think those fit me?"

"Cute you think I have a great ass, but lately, you and Camil have been involved with the laundry a lot." Minho's eyebrows fly up. "Where are they?"