chapter 3

"what?! king of the pirates?! do you even know what that means!?" zoro spits.

"king of the pirates is king of the pirates!" luffy smiles "is there any other meaning?"

Everyone stares in shock at him, probably questioning if he's serious or not. Everyone except Koby and I.

"I was shocked too, at first! but luffy-san is serious, thats just how he is" koby clenched his fists in admiration. "he intends to become king of the pirates, and obtain the world's ultimate treasure; the one piece"

"yeah, he's right" I nod. luffy grins ear to ear again. how the hell does one smile that wide dude.. oh yea he's a rubber man.

Luffy holds out the sword to Zoro, ignoring the fact he's tied up. "here's your treasure! I didn't know which one was yours so I brought all three of them."

"they're all mine. I use the three-sword style"

"three swords? but you don't have 3 hands. what do you use, your teeth?!" I question in curiosity.

"just that. what else would I use?"

"YOU USE YOUR TEETH? I'd be surprised if they weren't broken by now!" I squawk.

"you'll take 'em, right? if we fight together now, you'll be a government defying villain! would you prefer that, or be killed by the navy now?" luffy questions.

"what are you, the devils son?" Zoro smirks "well, whatever. I'll be a pirate if I'm gonna die here instead!"

"hurray! so you'll join my crew! woohoo! this is great!" luffy cheers. I manage to untie the arm I was working on. that's it!

"got one!" I announce, disposing of the left over rope and sighing in relief. that was harder then it should be. they really didn't want him escaping, huh?

"hurry up and untie the rest then!" Zoro growls. The marines mutter something from behind but it wasn't loud enough for me to make out words.

Luffy is pulling on Zoro's other arm, grumbling about it being tight.

"Oi, quit wasting time!"

As their bickering over the Rope, the marines start shouting, and all I hear is feet against dirt as they start running to us, swords prepared to strike.

"shit!" I whisper as Luffy rubs the back of his head.

"huh, the ropes got tighter instead!"

"damnit give me a sword!" I throw a sword at Zoro who proceeds to cut the ropes off with a single slice and fend off every marine. when did he grab the other two swords? I only threw him one. oh well.

Koby and Luffy cheer, eyes wide and jaws open in amazement. "so cool!"

"move and your dead" Zoro whispers to the marines, making some marines whimper about him being too scary.

"I'll be a pirate. I promise you that." Zoro starts with a wide grin. "I'm officially a criminal now that I've fought the Navy. But I'll tell you this right now, I'm only going to fulfill my ambition! to be the world's greatest swordsman!" he stares at the three of us with a determined look on his face. "if I wind up having to give that up, you'd better accept responsibility and apologize to me!"

"the worlds greatest swordsman? that sounds great!" I hum and nod my head in agreement with Luffy. "the king of the pirates would need no less than that on his crew!"

"you sure talk big." zoro grunts with a smirk "at this point, whether it's a criminal or whatever else, I will spread my name throughout the world"

"what're you standing around for?! slaughter them this instant!" Morgan shouts, followed up by terrifies whines from the marines that Zoro is holding off.